Chapter 17

"Whoa, whoa. There's extra napkins if you need them." Cam said handing them to Alex and Jere who were being ridiculously messy with their food.  

"Thank you." They said taking the napkins.  

Taylor grunted stabbing an apple. "Taylor, that's gross." Steven told her.  

She shook her head "No, I saw a TikTok about this. You just poke a couple holes so that the smoke is, uh, able to pass through and then you just..."

"Yeah, but you can't just... you can't just smoke random weed." Belly told her worriedly.  

"Belly, it's not random weed. It's Lost and Found rich people weed. It's probably really good." Taylor said as the apple failed again "Can you hand me another one?" 

Amelia nodded "Yeah." 

"Well, you need any help, Tay Tay?" Steven asked getting a snappy response "Could you just give me a minute?"

"Okay, c... can you just be a little more neat, please? Also, you can't smoke in here. The upholstery..." Cam begged with the blonde girl.

"I'm not going to smoke in here." Taylor told him. 

Jeremiah sighed "All right, uh, well, why don't we take this outside before Cam Cameron has a stroke?" 

Everyone went outside and stole a golf cart and started travelling across the golf course. Cam yelled "I'm hitting the gas!" as the boys kept complaining about it. 

Conrad said "Wait, guys, guys, guys. I think I know what the problem is, man." the boys looked at him "I think there's too many of us on here." 

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. That makes sense." Jere said as he and Alex shoved Steven off teh cart. Everyone laughed "Oh! Comin' for you." Steven said running and jumping back on. 

The girls meanwhile were walking behind. "Need some help?" 

Taylor groaned "This is so annoying. Weed is not supposed to be this difficult. I mean, it's like..." 

"Can I give it a shot?" Skye asked as Taylor gave them the apple " Yeah. Have at it."

Amelia watched as Taylor stared at Steven, Taylor noticed her look "What? What was that look?" 

"Mm. You and Steven. It just... seems like there's kind of a vibe." Amelia said. 

"No, there's no vibe. I save all my... all my vibing for Milo." Taylor said. 

"Okay." Amelia said in a disbelieving laugh. 

Taylor sighed "Steven really hurt me last year. It's just... It's not the kind of hurt that just goes away easily. You know? Or, like, ever, maybe." 

Belly nodded sympathetically "Yeah, I get it. I think I... I loved Conrad longer and truer than anyone in my whole life. And I'll probably never love anyone like that again. To be honest, it's kind of a relief. 'Cause I don't know, I don't know if I could survive that." 

Everyone laughed but deep down Amelia felt a bit sad at Belly's confession. If she'd loved Conrad her entire life and he barely noticed her. How would Amelia ever get him to notice her as anything more than his friend. She shook the thoughts out of her head. 

"Can we make a pact? Can we just leave first love in the past? Like, where it belongs?" Taylor asked Belly. Belly nodded and they did.  

"I saw you and Jeremy on the boardwalk. And tonight on the couch. There's something there. Doesn't matter how far apart you sit, you know? It's there." Taylor told Belly.  

"Yeah, I feel like there... there could be something, you know? Like this charge building between us. But, you know, then he reminds me how much I hurt him before. I don't know. I'm like... I shouldn't even be thinking about him like that." Belly sighed. 

The golf carts battery dies so Alex said "Why don't we crash up there for the night?" 

"Well, that would be perfect timing, because I have discovered the secret of the apple bong." Skye said offering it to Taylor.  

"Good job, Skye." The girls congratulated. 

Cam smirked "You know, that's surprising." 

"I have layers." Skye said copying Cam's earlier line.  

Belly sighed as Taylor took another breath from the apple bong "Taylor, volleyball camp is in four days." 

"It's not like they're going to drug test us. Coach would have had to put that in her email, right?" Taylor asked. The two started talking about volleyball camp but Amelia's mind just kept straying to Conrad. 

"Hey Taylor can I have a go?" she asked. Taylor gave her the apple bong "You ever smoked before?". Amelia shook her head but took a long hit of it and could already feel her mind going hazy. 

"What's happening over here?" Alex said noticing his twin smoking he quickly took the apple bong out of her hands.  

Amelia complained "Hey?" 

"We playing Truth or Dare or what?" Jere asked.  

"All right. Yeah." They agreed.  

"Um... I dare you to eat the apple bong." Jere chuckled at Alex's dare. 

Taylor pulled a face "Ew." 

"I'm not scared. I've done worse." Steven reminded them. Belly and Taylor laughed looking at each other "Yeah, we know." 

"We worked so hard on this." Skye complained. 

Steven took the bong from Alex and apologised "I am so sorry, Skye. I'm so sorry." he took a bite "What does it taste like? It tastes so..." Steven gagged and the chewed up pieces landed on the girls.  

"Oh, my God!" Everyone exclaimed in disgust. 

"Wait, wait. He knows he's going to have to clean that up, right?" Cam checked. Skye promised "We'll make him clean it up. We'll make him clean it up." 

"Apple all over my leg." Taylor said with a laugh.  

You guys trying to keep playing Truth or Dare? 

"Conrad?" Jere asked insinuating he play.  

He shook his head "I'm not playing." 

"Come on, dude." Alex said. 

Conrad insisted "No." 

Jeremiah teased him "What, you scared? Come on, man. Where do you, uh, see yourself in the next ten years?"

Conrad exhaled "Here, honestly. Coming back to Cousins. Fourth of July barbecues, digging for clams, serving with Jere..." 

"Making pomegranate margaritas." Belly added.  

Conrad nodded "Right, right. I don't know, I just feel like whatever kind of shit you got going on, you just come back here, you forget about it."

Steven scoffed "Come on, man. Nobody's playing Truth or Dare right. It's either you go big or you go home."

"Agreed. This needs to get way more Euphoria." Taylor told them.  

"Okay. Um... I'll give it a whirl." Skye offered. 

Taylor asked "Yay. Uh... What you got?"

"Amelia. I dare you to, uh, kiss Conrad." Skye said.  

"Oh, my God" Taylor exclaimed. 

Conrad rolled his eyes as Amelia looked at him "You know, aren't we too old for that kind of shit?" 

"Yeah Obviously." Amelia said annoyed, she got up leaves and went for a walk. She could feel everyone eyes on her but no one went after her.