Chapter 20

About midday Belly woke everyone up and put them to work. Skye and Cam went to get stuff for a DJ booth, Taylor and Alex were getting the house ready, Steven was making a playlist and Amelia, Jeremiah, Conrad and Belly went to get stuff for the party. 

Belly looked at the store "All right."

Jeremiah sighed "So, beer, tequila, vodka. Uh, gin for Skye." he listed.  Conrad laughed "Who drinks gin?" 

"Old people and Skye." Amelia said jokingly.  

"Yeah. All right. I'll take care of this, guys." Conrad said opening the door.  He flaunted his Fake ID which made Amelia laugh along with Jere. "With that?"

Conrad walked in and then he walked out empty handed "Oh, no. What, your I.D. didn't work, Mr. Herbertson?" 

He flipped them off "Fuck off. At least I have one." 

Jeremiah shrugged " What? Listen, it's 'cause I don't need one, all right? Jumper and I are tight. You know, we're, like, bros. Come on, how hard could it be?" He leant over to Belly and whispered something  making her laugh. 

Jere walked in and just like Conrad he walked out empty-handed. Conrad laughed "Oh, look at that face." 

Jere sighed "Okay. So, what? Do you want to, like, pay someone to go in and buy it for us or...? Try a different store?" 

"Yeah." Conrad agreed "Hop a few towns over, where they don't know us as well?"

Belly laughed "Yeah, I just don't think that anyone is gonna buy your Guam I.D."

"I would love to hear your plan, Isabel." Jeremiah said.  

Belly turned to Amelia "Why don't we just go in and ask?" 

"That's not gonna work." Jere said, Conrad nodded "He's right, it's not gonna work."

"Okay." Amelia said wanting to prove them wrong. The Fisher brothers scoffed and started to laugh. 

The girls walked inside the shop "Hey, Jumper." Belly smiled. 

"Belly. I know why you're here." Jumper said annoyed. "You do?" Amelia asked. 

Jumper sighed "You're gonna try to give me a fake I.D. or tell me some story about how your mom forgot to buy wine for a dinner party or something." 

"No. No, no, we're not." Amelia insisted. 

Jumper tilted his head to the side and asked "Oh, is that right pretty girl?" 

"I'm gonna tell you the truth, and then you can decide if you want to help us out." Belly explained "Uh, so here's the deal. It's been a really crappy six weeks. Yeah, I, uh, I heard about their mom. I'm sorry. Yeah. And I'm sure, um, you heard the house was for sale." 

"Was?" Jumper questioned with a small chuckle. 

"It actually sold this morning." Amelia said with a small pout "So tonight is their last night here, for, like, ever."

"Whoa. That blows." he said giving Belly a sympathetic look. Belly nodded playing into the sympathy " Yeah, I know. It really, really blows. Have you ever just had, like, the shittiest day and-and all you want to do is just hang out with your friends and have a beer?"

Jumper gave in and gave them all the alcohol off their list. The girls walked out with trolley's full of alcohol. 

Conrad scoffed "You're kidding me." Jeremiah looked in the direction and saw the girls and he exclaimed "No freakin' way."

"Let's get this in the car quick. And do not get pulled over on the way home, or I'll say you stole it while I was on the john." Jumper told them.  

"Okay? Thanks, man." Conrad said loading up the car. 

"Sure." he turned to Amelia with a flirtatious look on his face "See you tonight?"  

"See you tonight." Amelia smiled. 

Jumper walked away as Jere said "I can't believe you just asked." 

"I can't believe it worked." Conrad added.  

"Come on, you guys. Not everything has to be so complicated." Belly said as she offered Jeremiah a slushy.  

Jeremiah asked "For me?" Belly nodded "What'd you get me?" 

"Drink it and see." she said. He sipped it and smirked "Half cherry, half Coke. Your specialty. Nice. Yeah." 

Jere and Belly get in the car leaving Amelia and Conrad to pack the last of the car. 

Conrad looked at her and saw Amelia drinking a slushy "Where's mine?" he asked her.  She shrugged "You always say these are too sugary." 

"Yeah, well, I'm thirsty, so too bad." he said grabbing the straw and taking a sip. The action made Amelia's heart stop in her chest. 

He smiled at her before wincing and shaking his head "Mm. It's too sugary." Amelia laughed. "Just kidding" she picked up a coffee she hid from him "Coffee just the way you like it"

He took it and chugged it "That is much better"

Amelia smiled at the two just stood there looking at each other but Jere hitting the car horn broke them out of their trance and they quickly broke apart and got in the car sitting at opposite ends.