Chapter 4

When they got in the car they drove the last leg to the most beautiful beach house Amelia had ever seen. It was like a mansion with its white-washed walls and its perfectly tiled roof. It had flowers surrounding the entire building like palace walls. It was something out of a fairy tale, something that Amelia wished she had the capability to capture its beauty on a canvas. They all got out and ran towards the house. 

"Conrad." Alex called.

Amelia walked around yelling "Connie?"

"Conrad, you here, man?" Jeremiah asked.

No one seemed to notice Belly as she lagged behind, staring at the walls as if she was there but not. 

Jeremiah sighed in relief having found his older brother "Connie, you can't just disappear like that. When I call you, pick up your fսcking phone." 

Conrad sighed knowing he had been found "I've been dealing with a lot of shit, Jere." he tried to explain. 

Jeremiah scoffed "Dude, you have to go back for your bio finals." 

Conrad shook his head firmly "I'm not leaving."

Jeremiah scoffed "What do you mean, you're not leaving? What's more important than that right now, Connie?"

Conrad yelled angrily "School doesn't matter!"

Amelia followed the sounds of the voices and she burst into the kitchen where she saw Jeremiah and Conrad standing shouting at each other. "Connie"

Conrad paused "Amelia? What are you dong here?"

"I'm here to help Jere." she told him "Alex is here too and so is..."

Conrad shook his head, clearly annoyed "No you can't be here you have finals next week". She crossed her arms and retorted "So do you. I'm not leaving till you are"

Conrad shook his head "No you guys don't get it!"

Alex walked in and nodded at Conrad "Hey Con." Conrad just nodded in response with an emotionless face. 

Amelia walked forward and pulled Conrad in for a hug, "Then help us understand Connie. Don't shut us out. Don't shut me out". She looked into his eyes pleadingly.

Conrad sighed, giving in and showing his sadness as he said "We're losing the beach house"