Chapter 13

They all strolled over to The Shoot Your Shot Stand and Cam tagged along to officiate. 

"Too bad for you, basketball is about angles." Conrad told Belly.  

"Mm." Belly mused "Too bad for you, I had such a great trigonometry tutor."

Conrad took a bow "Thank you." 

Cam explained "Okay, five balls each. Most baskets win. On your marks, get set..."

Jeremiah cheered for his brother "Come on, Connie!" 

Taylor cheered louder for her bestie "Come on, Belly! You got this! Shoot!"

"Ooh! In your face!" Conrad said as he got the first basketball in. 

"All right. Okay, I let you have that one, so you don't weep when I win."  

He laughed "Okay, sure, you did."

Taylor commented "Whoa, nice!" when Belly got her first basket.  

Everyone cheered as they both got their second and third shots in. 

"It's tied. Tied! Three to three." Cam announced. 

"Nice shot, Belly." Jere commented making Belly's team look at him suspiciously. 

Alex laughed "Wrong team, bro." 

"What?" Jeremiah asked with a shrug.   

"All net, Belly." Amelia said. 

Skye yelled "Go, Belly." 

Cam added some suspense by saying "All right! That is four for Conrad. This is the last shot. Will Belly take the five-fecta and snatch the win?" 

"You got it, Belly." Skye said. 

"You got nothing. You got nothing." Conrad told her.  

Let's go, Belly. You got this!" Taylor cheered. 

"Shut up Conrad!" 

Belly made her final shot and it landed in the basket. 

"Belly Conklin is the winner!" 

"Yes! Boom! Guess you can't cosign her angles." Skye told him. 

Taylor looked at her in shock "Whoa, wait, wait, Skye. Did you just math-taunt him?" 

"I did. And it-it was kind of fun." Skye admitted shyly.  

"It was so good. It was so good." Amelia assured them.  

"Belly, you know what? Heads up. Ready?" Taylor threw the ball to Belly who hit it "Perfect spike. That's my Killa B. I knew you could do it. You just had to stop overthinking and let instinct kick in. You know what I mean?"

"As much as it pains me to say it, it was a good win." Conrad admitted.  

Yeah, well, I told you I'd kick your ass, so... 

"I think you get to pick a prize." he looked at the prizes on offer "Oh, wow. They haven't changed these prizes in years. You can get Junior Mint a friend." 

Belly chuckled "Yeah. You know what? I'll take the giraffe. Thank you. All right! So we finally get to pick, and I choose dancing. Okay!"

We walked to the dance machine 

"Good luck. Jere." Alex assured

"Yeah. My moves... are legendary. I got this." Jere said confidently.  

"Skye's up." Taylor said. 

"Oh. Really not a great idea if we want to win." They said.  

"You'll be great at it. It's basically just math with your feet. They'll never see you coming. This is how we win. All right?" Belly told her. 

"You got it." Amelia assured.  

"Bring it on, cuz. You know, Skye, I feel like we've gotten closer today. It would be a shame if my dance moves were to affect our relationship." Jeremiah said in a hurt voice. 

"We'll see." 

"All right. Let's go, Skye." The girl cheered.  

The boys all laughed "Come on, Jere."

"All right. Game on." Cam announced as the song started. 

Taylor laughed as Skye was getting the hang of the machine "I think Skye might actually be good at this." 

Belly smiled in disbelief "I mean, I was just making the math thing up, but I think you're right." 

"Fuck me. You're incredible. Go, Skye!" Jere hyped even though he was clearly loosing.  

"Jeremiah, come on!" The boys yelled. "I'm trying!" he yelled back trying to focus.  

Skye beat Jeremiah by a landslide meaning the girls won again. 

Amelia tried to grab Skye into a victory hug but they shook their head "Yeah! Ooh! I don't do hugs. I don't do hugs." 

"What? Really?" Belly asked.  

"Okay. Like, all right." Skye gave in letting the team hug them.

"Where next?" Steven asked annoyed.  

"Follow me." Belly said.  

"Let's go." Amelia said laughing and smiling. 

"I'm baffled right now." Steven told them.  

"Really?" Alex asked "Those are... those are your legendary moves?" 

"Oh, okay. Like you could do better?" Jere said annoyed.  

"That's his life story!" Conrad joked as everyone laughed.  

Jeremiah glared at his brother "Watch it."