16.

[Luke]

I had been thinking for a few days now about things and I am still a little unsure but I'm hoping it will work and I'm still wondering if I and making the right decision.

"I think we could make things work." I whisper in dads ear

I sit lean back onto my chair and wait for his response I can see out the corner of my eye that he was thinking about what I had just said.

"If that's what you really want." He whispered back and I smile

"It's what I want." I whisper and put my hand on the back of his head and kiss him passionately, I bit his lip and we both pull away and I can see the smile on his face.

I lean back in the chair and cross my legs as Sammy climbs over and sits on me and I can feel dad playing with the ring I had on my finger. While we were sitting there Sammy was pigging out on the popcorn and I smile at how happy he is and how much he is enjoying being out of the house.

It was about half way through the movie and dad pulls me over his lips were hovering just in front of mine. I look into his eyes and it was a look I haven't seen before "you okay dad?!" I ask

"Yeah, I'm just going to get some air." He says sounding a little unsure about it

"Okay." I mumble as he kisses me and walks out

I sit there not paying any attention to the movie as Sammy giggles and I just think, it feels like forever that he has been gone and the movie was close to the end and I was starting to get really worried about him.

I start chewing on my lip as I think and the movie was now over and Sammy started yawning.

"Let's go find grandpa, I don't know where he went." I mumble and pick him up as he holds onto me

We walk out and I look around the cinema but I can't see him anywhere, we walk out and go sit on a seat so I can call him. It goes straight to voice mail "dad, where the fuck are you?!" I say shakily leaving a message

I get up and start walking out I look around and see it looks like it was going to rain, I stand Sammy up and kneel down in front of him and he rubs his sleepy eyes as I take my hoodie off and put it on him.

"We're going home okay, hopefully grandpa will be there." I say kissing his forehead and pick him back up

I start walking and the rain starts and it just gets heavier by the minutes, I keep Sammy close as he kept his head hidden in my neck and I run for the last little bit and fumble in my pockets for my keys finally finding them and open the door and walk in.

"Let's go get you warm and dry, then you can go to bed." I mumble looking around sadly and walk to the bathroom

I turn the shower on and he gets undressed and gets in I lean on the bench and wait my clothes still dripping wet as I check my phone, still nothing from him. I put it back down and put a towel around Sammy and go dress him as he crawls into bed.

I go and have a shower before I get any more colder than what I already am when I get out I check my phone again. Tears start brimming in my eyes as I get dressed and go sit on the couch bringing my knees to my chest.

I let a few tears fall quickly wiping them away with the palm of my hand. "I've made the wrong decision, I have fucked up big time. Argh why can't things be easy for me." I mumble hiding my face in my hands

I sit there all night, thinking and crying the sun starts shining through the window and he still isn't home. I don't know where he could be I haven't heard from him, I haven't heard from that bar why can't life be simple. Why can't things go the way there meant to go.