18.

[Luke]

Michael and I were both trying to tell some cop that dad wasn't a crook "he was drunk, what you expect me to do?!"

"We have reason to believe he is hiding illegal drugs here, we need to speak to him and search the house."

"For starters I'm a minor so you shouldn't even be talking to me. And second of all he's not here, he didn't come home last night."

"So you and that little 3 year old were left here alone?!"

"No, he was here too. Plus the neighbours look out for me and help if I need it. Now get out of the house before I call a mate of a mate and get you fired from your job."

I was getting really pissed off and just couldn't handle him, he finally walks out and I go lock the door and sit on a chair at the kitchen table as Sammy sits on my lap and Michael sits next to us. I sigh and run my hands through my hair.

"I don't know what to do, I should have kept my big mouth shut and not said anything."

Michael sits there looking confused "what are you talking about?!"

"Nothing, it's just something I said to Matt." I lied

"Okay, so what are you going to do about your dad?"

I bite my lip and shake my head "I don't know, I really don't know what to say to him or how he is going to act around me. It's like I'm in trouble but I don't know what I have done wrong."

I feel so bad for lying to Michael but how am I supposed to tell him the truth that I have feelings for my dad, I just can't do that to any of us it will make the whole situation worse and how would I explain that. I mentally scream and bring my lip ring between my teeth.

"Luke, you need to calm down man. I'm sure you can work through things."

"Yeah, I guess we will see what kind of mood he is in." I mumble under my breath as I hear footsteps

I put my chin on Sammy's shoulder and steal a few of the dry froot loops he was eating as he pouts "I know you love me."

I giggle and kiss his cheek "yes, I love you daddy."

He smiles kissing my cheek and tears well in my eyes and I hold them back and put a fake smile on for dad "morning dad."

"Morning boys."

He seems in a half decent mood I guess "was there someone here before?"

He goes over and makes a coffee and I look at Michael and he nods "yeah, it was a cop." I mumbled

"What are the cops doing here talking to you?!" He snaps

"They wanted to see you, I told them you went out last night and were to drunk to come home so you stayed in a hotel above the pub. He told me they think your hiding illegal drugs in the house."

I look out the corner of my eye and see his face just drop "dad, is there drugs in the house?"

He shakes his head "no, I've never done drugs. Someone is trying to set me up."

I look at Mike and he just nods knowing he should leave "I'll catch you guys later."

I just nod at him and so does dad as he walks out and I try not to look at dad as I put my chin back on Sammy's shoulder as he picks at his breakfast "go play in your room, I'll be there soon and we can go to the park and get ice cream or something." I whisper in his ear

He nods kissing my cheek and runs off to his room and dad sits down "this thing between us, isn't going to work it is?"

I cross my legs and pick at the froot loops which were in the bowl "I don't know Luke, I really don't know right now."

"Why do you keep running off?! I was worried about you."

He tries to take my hand and I pull it back and pick at my nails as tears well in my eyes "I find drinking the easiest way to clear my head, it's what I have done since I was 18."

"I need you to stop, I need you to be a dad to me and a grandad to Sammy we need you. I need you, I don't know if my feelings are real I'm 16 and I don't know what love is to be completely honest with you. Please just be here for us."

A few tears roll down my cheeks and I see a glassy look in his eyes "I'm here for you both, no matter what. You can always talk to me."

I just nod more tears rolling down my cheeks, I get up putting my cup and the bowel in the sink and I walk in the direction of Sammy's room but I burst into tears and slide down the wall and cry into my knees until dad comes over and pulls me into his arms, I try to get away from him for a minute and then I just cry into his chest.