Prologue

Luke

"Sweetheart, why didn't you tell me?" I asked after the first time we made love.

She blushed in embarrassment and covered her eyes with her arm.

I chuckled, as I pry her arm from her eyes. "Don't be embarrassed. That's nothing to be embarrassed about. You have no idea how much it pleases me to know that I am the only man who has ever made love to you."

Olivia smiled softly. "I wanted to be my first time to be with the man I loved."

I smiled at her tenderly and kissed her tenderly on her lips. "I am honoured, sweetheart; and I'll never get tired of hearing how much you love me," I said.

"Me neither. Tell me again," she asked.

"I love you."

"Again."

"I love you."

"Again.

"I love you, Livie. I love you so much."

"I love you too, Lucas," she said. I love the sound of my full name on her lips. Nobody calls me Lucas, so it makes it special, knowing that my Livie is the only one who calls me by my full name. I am Lucas to her, and she is Livie to me.

"I love you, so much, Livie. You own my heart, mind, body, and soul."

She smiled as tears welled up in her eyes. "I'm yours completely, agápi mou."

We sealed our love with a kiss.

Later that night, as the soft light of dawn crept into the room, I looked down on the woman I loved with all my heart sleeping beside me. Her head resting on my chest.

I caressed her cheek softly with the back of my hand and ran my fingers through her soft dark golden brown hair cascading across my chest to the arm I have wrapped around her.

I bent down and kissed the top of her head. "I love you Livie," I whispered. "You are so damn beautiful. I love everything about you. Thank you for making me the happiest man in the world by coming home with me and leaving the life you've always known just to be with me."

She stirred and snuggled closer to me. "Hmmm, love you," she mumbled.

I smiled.

I met Olivia in Greece while I was there to oversee the last few details before I open the new branch of Henderson hotel and resort in Athens.

She ran smack hard into me while I was stepping out of my hotel.

2 months ago...

I step out of my hotel and a woman ran into me. Hard.

I caught her in my arms before she doubled over. "Are you alright..." The words died in my mouth once I saw the woman's face.

She was beautiful.

Stunning...

Her cheeks were flushed as colour rose to her cheeks.

"Yes. I'm so sorry," she stammered out as she pushed away from me and tried to straighten up and rearrange her clothing.

"I'm the one who's sorry... Ms?" I asked.

She frowned and ignored my question. "It's quite alright Mister. I was not paying attention to where I was going. I'm sorry. I won't take more of your time," she said and tried to walk past me.

"Wait," I said grabbing her arm to stop her. "Are you sure you're okay?"

She nodded. "Yes."