Chapter 10

Luke

I saw the pain that crossed her expression. But I breathed a sigh relief when she said that it won't happen again.

I knew she meant it.

Her comment about Nick, surprised me though.

Maybe it was a one time thing...

Maybe she didn't mean for it to happen...

Maybe she was just lonely...

I shook my head.

None of that matters now, remember?

Olivia

I hurriedly walked back to my room.

I wanted to cry and burst in anger at the same time.

Why did I do that?

Why did I just convince myself to take a chance on Lucas?

"What's the matter with you, Olivia!"

If only he had been willing to listen to what I said to him before. If only he had been willing to talk then.

Why now?

Because of the twins...

I broke down in tears. The one person I trusted most in this world... The one I should have been able to count on, turned his back on me and refused to listen to anything I had to say then.

He looked right through me with angry, cold, bleak eyes, and tossed me out of his life. Called me a liar and a cheat. And now he wants to leave the past behind us and never speak of it again? Pretend that it never happen? Forgive and forget?

Could I really forgive and forget though?

Could I really forgive him?

I sagged on the bed.

My eyes dropped to my hands, resting on my lap.

If he can do it, why can't I, right?

If it was just me, it would be easier to walk out this door, and never see him again. But with our boys, it's not just about me, or Lucas anymore. It's about what's best for the twins. And that is to be together, and be the best parents to our boys.

The silence stretched out around me.

Who am I kidding? I would do anything for my boys. And if I were to be honest with myself, I'd admit that I want this time with Lucas. I still want to be him. And no matter how much I tried not to, and in spite of all the pain he has caused me, I still love him with everything I am.

A part of me knew, I was being stupid. But I'm also sick and tired of being alone. I'm tired of being angry. Most of all, I'm tired of hurting.

Luke

My phone suddenly rings, interrupting my thoughts.

It's my brother Jason.

"Hello?"

"Hey bro," Jason greeted on the other end.

"Hey man, everything okay?" I asked.

"Yeah. Everything's fine. Just wanted to see where you are? Called your office and your assistant said you were out of town and has taken a few days off."

I pinched the bridge of my nose with my fingers. There was no easy way to say this. It's going to be even harder to explain to Ethan. "Look, Jason, I found Livie... I mean Olivia. She's with me, and the twins."