Chapter 7

Luke

I frowned at Livie's parting words!

What in the hell is her problem? Still claiming the innocent injured party, no doubt!

I push my plate away and got up to play with the twins.

"How 'bout it guys. It's just gonna be me and you two for a few hours. Let's let your mommy sleep. She's tired. I'm sure it's not easy taking care of you two, while working at the same time," I said.

They both looked at me, as if they understood every single word I was saying.

I shrugged and continued. "I hope you haven't given your mom such a hard time. But don't worry. I'm here now, and I promise to take care and love you two. Your mom and I will take good care of the both of you. You guys will want for nothing."

Olivia

I listened as Lucas talked to the twins. I felt like an intruder as I listened to what he believes is a private conversation.

His words warmed my heart.

Maybe this isn't going to be as bad as it seems... That was my last thought before drifting to sleep.

***

I woke up and my eyes went wide.

The twins!

Then looking around at the new surroundings, I remembered the events that happened earlier today. Lucas now knows about the twins and he's with them.

I sat up on the bed.

What time is it?

I look over to the clock on the bedside table.

I groaned in shock. It read 7pm.

I slept for nearly five hours?

I quickly climbed out of bed to check on the twins.

Damn it. Why didn't Lucas wake me! The twins must be hungry, I should... My thoughts died, when I walked into the living area and found Lucas on the floor, with the twins snuggled on both his sides, sleeping.

The scene before me melted my heart and brought tears to my eyes.

I smiled at my boys tenderly, and went quickly in search for my phone so I could take their picture.

When I found my phone, I walk back to the living room and took a few pictures as quietly as I could.

I ran my finger on both my sons' soft and chubby cheeks.

It's funny how they were immediately taken by their daddy.

I look over at Lucas and my heart ached.

I missed him terribly...

I reach my hand up to his face and caressed his cheek with the back of my hand.

Then I frowned and quickly pulled my hand away.

This isn't right. I shouldn't be doing this. I shouldn't be feeling this way about Lucas.

This is about the twins.

Whatever Lucas and I had? It's all in the past.

Luke

Pretending to be asleep while Livie was so close to me and the twins was hard.

I was about to open my eyes to let her know that I was awake when I felt her hand on my face.

Then suddenly, as if she realized she wasn't supposed to be touching me, she abruptly pulled her hand away from my face and I felt her stand back up on her feet and walk away.