Chapter 3

Olivia

Damn it.

What do I do?

Ignore him. He'll go away eventually. He won't stay there all day.

But how the hell did he get in the building?

"Who is it dear?" Clair asked and I turned around raised my index finger to my lips.

"Livie, I'm not leaving until I talk to you," Lucas said through the door.

"Go away. We have nothing to talk about. Leave me alone Lucas. Please."

"No. We need to talk."

"If you don't leave, I'm going to call the police," I threatened.

"Go right ahead, sweetheart," he said. "I'm still not leaving."

Damn it. "Damn you, Lucas. Why won't you leave me alone?"

"I already told you. We need to talk and the sooner you talk to me the sooner I'll go away," Lucas said.

"Fine, but we can't talk here. I'll meet you somewhere," I said.

"No. We'll talk now. If you don't open this door I'm going to kick this door open."

Knowing Lucas, I have no doubt he'll do exactly as he says.

I shifted nervously.

The twins. Damn it. He can't find out. Not like this.

"Give me a minute," I called out through the door.

"One minute, not a second more," the arrogant excuse of a man said.

I walk over to the twins. "Can you guys be quiet for mommy?" I told them.

"What's going on?" Claire's asked in a whisper.

"I can't explain it right now, but can you just please take the twins to their room?"

She nodded. "Is he the father?"

I swallowed hard and decided to tell the truth. I nodded, "Please, just take them to their room and try not to make any noise," I said, though I doubt how well that will go over with twin boys in the room. I just hope for the best.

Once Claire disappeared inside the room with the twins and their toys, I quickly look around to see if there's anything else I needed to hide.

Once I was satisfied I walk back quickly to open the door.

There he was. Filling the doorway, looking furious and unstoppable.

Lucas doesn't even wait for me to invite him in. He simply walked past me and inside my apartment.

I gritted my teeth at his arrogance.

"How did you find out where I live?"

"It doesn't matter," he said as he looked around my apartment.

I stood my ground and folded my arms across my chest.

Yes. My apartment is small and not as fancy or big and beautiful as his home in the city, but it's my home!

"Will you stop that!" I snapped.

He looked at me. "Stop what?"

"That! You're looking around like you're..."

"Look," he said cutting me off. "I came here because I wanted to put everything behind us..."

I laughed. "Lucas, it's been behind us for the past two years. So I don't know what you're doing here. Conscience and guilt keeping you up at night Lucas?" I spat at him.