Chapter 29

***The song is originally by the Civil Wars. The song is called, "Same Old Same Old"***

Olivia

The next two months went by like a blur. We've been back in Greece for a month now.

Luke insisted that the boys and I stay in the house he bought, while he offered to stay in the penthouse of his hotel. After a long debate, I finally agreed, but I insisted that he stay in the house since it was big enough for the two of us.

Gail and Rose made the move with us to help me with the twins. Lucas hired a few more staff around the house, and a driver for me.

I also teach a dance class now at a dance studio. I was afraid it was going to bring back traumatic memories, but the therapy and counselling sessions I've been going to, twice a month, has really helped me a lot.

The twins are blossoming as well. They seem to have adjusted well to the changes because of the move.

Lucas and I are still in the same place we were before we left LA. Though Lucas has been doing his best to show me how much he regrets what he had done. I can't help but get hurt every time I see the look in his eyes. I can see the guilt in his eyes. But there's more... There's agony, pain and sorrow...
There's so much regret.

I know that he's hurting, but I just don't know if I'm strong enough and if I'm ready to trust him again. I'm just starting build my life back again. I'm starting to finally start to heal from the trauma and the pain that Nick has caused me.

The doctor was right. Dealing with what happened to me is the best way to start healing. Ignoring it or pretending that it never happened just deepens the wound and the pain. Hence, the emotional breakdown that I experienced the night of the accident.

We've also talked about Lucas and how I feel. She said that only I can decide when I'm ready. She said that I can't force things, nor can I force myself to forgive and trust him again. But it's hard not to want those things because God knows how much I love Lucas. He's been proving a lot these past couple of months. He has been there for the twins and I whenever we needed him. He was caring, and friendly towards me, without being pushy.

And because of everything he has been doing, here I am, once again... I find myself in battle with myself. And now things are going to get even more complicated, as I sit here waiting for the doctor.

A couple minutes later, the doctor came back in to the room.

"Eínai óla entáxei? Is everything okay?" I asked.

The doctor nodded. "Naí. Yes. There's nothing to worry about, Ms. Lazos. Congratulations, you're pregnant," she said.

My eyes widened in shock. "Pre...pre-gnant?" I stuttered.

The doctor nodded again.

How is this possible?

"I don't understand... How can I be..."

The accident?

How can the doctors not see this during the accident? I must have been pregnant when the accident happened. I couldn't just have gotten pregnant, Lucas and I...

Damn it, how could I not know?

I shook my head.

How... Then it hit me... We must have conceived the baby the night of the accident... Right before we got ready for the dinner get together Lucas organized.

Oh god...

The accident... The pain medications... The... Oh god the baby...

"I can see that this is a shock to you..."