Chapter 4

Olivia

Married? "Married?" I squeaked. Did I hear him right?

"Yes. Married."

"Ésai trelós! You're crazy! I'm not marrying you!"

He gave me a sardonic laugh. "Don't think for one second that you have a choice in this, Livie. I can take them away from you in an instant," he threatened.

"But you just said..."

"I know what I said. What I meant is that I'd take custody of them and you'll be the weekend parent..."

"Over my dead body!"

"Then it's settled then. We're getting married," he said.

"But..."

"Trust me I don't want this any more than you do, but this is the only solution I see fit. I want to be a part of my kids life. I want to be with them everyday and if marrying you is the way I will achieve that without separating them from their mother, then that's what I will do."

"But you don't even like me!"

"You're right. I don't. But this isn't about you and me. It's about them. I want the best for them and having both parents there for them is what's best, so I'm willing to make a sacrifice. The question is are you?" The arrogant bastard threw at me.

"Yes. of course. I will do anything for my sons."

"Our sons," he corrected.

"Why are you doing this? why can't you just leave me alone. I'll let you see the twins. Anytime you want. I did as you asked. I left you alone and got out of your life. Why can't you do the same for me?"

"You didn't give me a choice!"

I scoffed. "Choice? You were the one who made a choice!"

"You fucking slept with my best friend. How the fuck do I get past that?"

"You don't know what happened!

I looked at her in disbelief. "You're a fucking piece of work! Still playing the innocent victim, when you're the poisonous seductress."

She didn't say anything and her face turned hard.

"I loved you and I would have given you everything and anything. You only need to ask. But you had to ruin it and go behind my back and betray me in the worst way possible. But for the sake of our kids, I'm going to try my hardest to get past that and try to forgive you. I won't allow my kids to live with unpleasantness between us. They deserve better."

Olivia

"Eísai af̱tós pou me pródo̱se!" You are the one who betrayed me!

Fury, pain, and hatred hit me all at the same time at Lucas' words. In this moment I loved and hated him at the same time.

My heart felt like it was being strangled, and I found it hard to breathe.

2 years ago...

"Lucas!" I cried out. "Oh god," I said as I threw my self at him.

Lucas stood there frozen in place. His arms didn't wrap around me like he always does. I didn't feel the warmth of his embrace, and the comfort and safety it represents.

"Lucas?" I whispered, as I stood in front of him, bruised, devastated, and broken.

"Get the fuck out of my house and out of my life. I never want to see you again," he growled.