viii.

*:・゚✧* 𝟬𝟴. 𝗲𝘁𝗲𝗿𝗻𝗮𝗹 𝗽𝗿𝗼𝗺𝗶𝘀𝗲𝘀!

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐘 𝐅𝐄𝐋𝐓 𝐋𝐈𝐊𝐄 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐘 𝐓𝐎 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐑𝐎𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐀𝐓𝐎𝐑𝐒, awaiting to feast on them. zombies came from every direction, desperately trying to grasp onto the very vulnerable quartet.

"jesus fucking christ!" yeonjun trembled out, his tone filled with fear. he swung on the impending zombies, his adrenaline pumping ferociously. "we should've just stayed!"

dae didn't have time to agree, slithering through any holes she could fit in. an advantage of her small body, but a heavy disadvantage when the creatures were able to apprehend her. "oh fuck." she whispered to herself, crashing into the wall behind her.

luckily, she was able to duck before her life came to a dramatic end. dae viewed soobin and beomgyu, as they made their way to the destination much faster than the unluckier two. "lucky bastards." she breathed out, swinging her wooden weapon onto another zombie's head.

"come on yeonjun!" the female rushed, grabbing onto his forearm to pull him away hastily from the plentiful amount of bloodthirsty animals.

the duo ran, deciding to test their fate instead of dying in the hands of the mob of zombies. the two had interlocked their fingers, running desperately to the near door. their breathing was abnormal, tears filling up the brim of their eyes. "we are going to make it dae." he comforted, seeing the familiar class president begin unlocking the door as soobin fought away the nearby predators.

"yeah, we are-" dae was unfortunately cut off, reason being a zombie clutched onto her stomach area, roughly pushing her onto the wall's surface. she felt her belly piercing being tugged on, as the zombie desperately tried to bite her. the girl froze being terrified of the diseased, crazed eyes staring back at her.

yeonjun glanced rapidly at the female hesitantly, switching between her and the already opened auditorium. "never promise anything again yeonjun." he breathed out, grasping onto the zombies uniform roughly, shoving the creature away.

his attention quickly diverted onto the female, when a bloodcurdling scream left her glossed lips. "did you get bitten?" the boy questioned frantically, his breathing hitching at the sight of a blood sliding down from dae's stomach area.

dae bit her lip, attempting to hold in the stinging pain, as she shook her head in response. "no, my belly piercing." she mumbled out, slightly in shock at the pool of blood forming below her.

yeonjun let out a sigh of relief, grateful he wouldn't have to deal with a zombie dae. "that's goo-" his reply was cut short, as a zombie tackled yeonjun onto the cold, bloody floor. "oh no no no! please no!"

dae quickly moved towards the creature on top of the messy-haired boy, slamming her wooden weapon desperately onto the zombie's head. "get the fuck off him!" she pleaded, tears streaming down her face, resulting from the agony of her injury.

the short-haired girl was finally able to impale the zombie through it's head. she gagged in result, not being able to handle the sound as it came through. "yeonjun, are you okay!" she questioned, rapidly pushing the zombie away from him.

"dae.." he slowly responded, his sight sadly viewing only one thing. a bite mark which laid on his arm. "is this real?" he lowly asked, not being able to face reality.

"oh no no no." dae denied, feeling extremely rueful. "come on, let's go to the auditorium." she stated, grasping onto his arm to pull him upright. "we'll figure it out." she added, her eyes holding a pleading look.

yeonjun slowly shook his head, tears beginning to fall. "it's over dae." he replied, a saddened expression staring back at her. "it's over."

"no choi! let's go." dae demanded, practically pushing him to stand up. "the zombies are going to get here." she warned, the sound of snarling becoming more evident to the pair.

"dae! stop!" yeonjun voiced authoritatively, shoving his arm roughly away from the female. "i'm going to turn into one of them, you have to go!" he finished, looking down at her regretful doe eyes.

she shook her head, her bottom lip quivering slightly. "i can't just leave you here."

yeonjun grabbed onto her shoulders tightly, his vision beginning to blur. "you have to go! did i save you for no fucking reason?" he answered harshly, his only desire being for at least dae to survive.

dae shook her head, her black strands getting caught up in her eyes. the boy smiled slightly, at the adorable sight, embracing said girl in a tight, final hug. "go dae!" yeonjun finished, pushing the female roughly towards the direction of the sought after auditorium.

dae hesitated, glancing behind her one last time at the deeply saddened male. he gave her a slight smile, but anyone could notice the sorrow in his expression. finally, she swallowed thickly before rushing towards the destination.

yeonjun stood depressed, glancing at the zombies frantically sprinting towards him. "i'll miss you, mom and dad. sorry i couldn't live long enough to see you again." the boy whispered out, his life flashing before his very eyes. "i'm sorry." he muffled out, tears rushing out onto his delicate skin.

the boy who finally chose not to be selfish cost him his very life, but at least his heart died intact, and his promises lived on forever.

━━━━𓆩𓆪━━━━

nicki speaks!
goodbye yeonjun😓😓
comment and vote!

written: 9/16/23
published: 9/18/24