Prologue

Y/n P.O.V

A low sigh left my lips as I leaned back onto my sofa and laid the controller down on my lap. The pitter patter of rain gently knocked on the windows of the skylight in the kitchen right behind the living room. 

Allow me to provide some context, I'm Y/n L/n and for a long time, ever since I was a little kid, I've always had a... "obsession" with video games. I've played quite a few different games like Black Ops, Halo, Final Fantasy, Left 4 Dead and more. But this time, I had just finished playing another game that I always enjoyed. This was Nier Automata, belonging to the Drakengard/Nier series. 

I never really played Drakengard, and instead only watched videos on how such an old game connected to the Nier games. Anyway, for some reason, I always found myself returning to Nier Replicant and Nier Automata. Maybe it was the emotions it made me feel, the sorrow I felt after each ending that made me feel alive. Maybe it was for the music which made me feel at peace. Whatever it was, I wasn't sure. But I knew that these games were something that I loved more than anything and they held a special place in my heart. 

When the game returned to the title screen, I turned the game off and let out a yawn. It was Sunday and I needed to get some rest for school tomorrow. Though, I'd probably just fall asleep in class knowing me and how late it is right now. I checked the time on my phone and saw it was 2am. 

I let out a low groan as I pushed myself up to my feet and wandered upstairs in the pitch black house. There were a few stumbles, but I didn't feel like turning the lights on otherwise I'd just be blinding myself. Once I got upstairs, I entered my room, revealing the mess inside. On my desk was all sorts of homework, some of it was completed, most of it wasn't. Thankfully, the ones that weren't done were due for later on in the week. 

Yawning, I stumbled over to my bed and laid down, covering myself in the blanket. 

As soon as I pulled the blanket over me, I fell asleep from the comfort and warmth I was enveloped in. 

3rd P.O.V

Unknown to Y/n, his console had turned itself on again along with the TV. Interestingly, the game displayed a much more different screen than usual. It was entirely pitch black with a glitching background, revealing a face of some kind. But it couldn't clearly be seen as it kept fading in and out. 

Suddenly, a phrase appeared on the screen. 

"Starting fiction to reality portal. Games selected: Nier Replicant, Nier Automata".

With that, the screen was covered in static and various figures could be seen emerging from the screen. Their hands were covered in static and slowly, they began to colourise, revealing their true selves...