Project Gestalt

Y/n P.O.V

After making Kaine calm down and lower her weapons, I sat everyone down in the living room and got a large whiteboard out and a marker so I could write down my explanations of their stories. They all sat down and waited for me to tell the story of Project Gestalt and what happened after. 

Y/n: Alright. Project Gestalt was meant to be an attempt to save humanity from something called "White Chlorination Syndrome" which came originated from Tokyo when a dragon and Giant fought and killed each other. 

Commander: I remember that. But where did the dragon and Giant come from?

Y/n: Well, like this whole situation, they came from another world. A dark fantasy world with fairies, golems, dragons, elves and all that kind of stuff. As to what led to the Giant and the dragon entering your world, let's just say it was a last ditch effort to try and save their world from being annihilated. Anyway, Drakengard 1's lore doesn't have a lot to do with your stories. Drakengard 3, however, does. Problem is, I've not played it. 

9s: So... Just to make sure... You're saying that our stories somehow span across not just one or two games, but four? 

Y/n: Drakengard games link indirectly to yours with the exception of Drakengard 1's ending E. But yeah, pretty much. After the Giant was destroyed and reduced to dust, the dust washed over the entire world within minutes. The dragon was shot down by a human team of flyers, but no one remembers who gave the order, or if there even was an order given. Its thanks to the Dragons that magic even exists in your world. 

Grimmwoire Weiss: This is a massive headache. And yet, I can feel fragments of my memory being pieced together. 

Y/n: That's because you were apart of Project Gestalt too, Weiss. But I'll get to that part when I get there. 

I continued writing diagrams on the board, helping me explain the story. 

Y/n: Project Gestalt was meant to separate humans from soul and body, leaving behind two halves of the same wholes. It was meant to be temporary and the plan was for the two halves to be reunited only once the WCS was eradicated from the world. Every so-called "human" in your world Nier, was meant to be a vessel, an empty husk of a human. In fact, you're the first Original. Your Shade, your Gestalt, becomes an entity known as the Shadowlord and was the first success. 

Nier: Wait, wait, wait. I was the first?

Y/n: Yep. 

Kaine: So if we were meant to be husks... Does that mean that all this time, when we've been killing Shades, we were... Killing people? 

Y/n: In a manner of speaking, yes. But the majority of the Gestalts went berserk, insane. Researchers failed to account for the Original Gestalt's instability so when they used his date for the others, they were corrupted in a sense. Mix that and Replicants' growing self-awareness and the Gestalts relapsed. If the Gestalt relapsed, then the Black Scrawl would be inflicted on their Replicants. 

Nier looked at Yonah, seeing the Black Scrawl on her arm. 

Nier: So... Yonah's Shade... 

Y/n: Yes. The only way to stop the Black Scrawl would be to unite the Gestalt and the Replicant, turning them into a fully fledged human again. That's what the Shadowlord aimed to do in the game. And he'd take any course of action that was necessary including kidnapping his sister's Replicant. However, its not as simple as the Replicant and the Gestalt simply meeting with each other. They needed the help of Grimmwoire Weiss and Grimmwoire Noir's magic. 

Nier: So its like Devola and Popola's song then? But how do we get back to our world?! 

Y/n: I'm not sure.