New Arrivals

Y/n P.O.V

Sunshine hit my face, making me groan. My head ached slightly, no doubt from the alcohol I ingested the previous night. I wasn't the only one who let out a groan as Kaine let one out too. I opened my eyes to see her still laying on top of me, snoring silently and peacefully. It was an oddly warming sight considering how tough she usually is. Then again, I knew she had a softer side to her. 

Gently, I picked her up and laid her down beside me, allowing me to get out of my bed. I then pulled the blanket over her, keeping her lower half covered. Smiling, I got changed and left my room. Upon doing so, however, I immediately heard shouting from the ground floor. 

???: What are you two doing here?! 

That sounded like 9s! What was going on? Quickly, I ran downstairs and burst into the living room. 

Y/n: What's happening?! 

My eyes immediately widened when I realised there were four new people here! Two of them were men who had snow white hair and the other two were women with blonde hair, most of their features concealed by veils. 

Y/n: Oh you gotta be kidding me... 

2b: Y/n! Get back! 

White hair1: "Y/n"... That's not an android name... So perhaps... 

White hair2: Is he human? A real human? 

Nier: Just hold on a second. What's going on? Who are these guys? 

Y/n: Adam and Eve... The next stage of machine evolution. 

The brothers stared at me, bewildered at my knowledge. 

Adam: Well... That is a surprise. 

Eve: Then you know that all we want is to know more about humans

Commander: 2b, 9s, eliminate the machines! Immediately! 

Y/n: WAIT!

Everyone froze, surprised that I would stop them. If you asked me though, its not really that surprising. 

9s: Y/n?!

Y/n: Haven't you ever wondered why the machines replicate human behaviour? 

9s: ...

2b: ...

Commander: What are you getting at? 

Y/n: They just want to know more about humans. About what gave our lives meaning. Not to destroy humanity. But to try and bring it back. 

9s: "Bring it back?" What do you mean?

I lowered my gaze to the ground. I forgot that I didn't tell them about how their stories end, how humanity no longer exists in their world. 

Y/n: Look... I know more about your stories than I originally let on. So just trust me when I say I have my reasons for keeping it to myself. Its not because I want to. Its because I want to keep you protected.