Shopping

Y/n P.O.V

Upon waking up, I feel a small figure huddled to my body. I take a moment to yawn and then look down, recognising the figure as Louise. Guess she wanted to sleep somewhere warm and comfy. Letting out a low chuckle, I gently pat her head and carefully get out of bed. I change into my usual casual attire and walk downstairs, meeting with the others. Devola and Popola were sitting down with Yonah, Adam and Eve were talking to the Commander and I saw A2 in the kitchen by the stove. That last one made me frown a little. 

Y/n: Uh, morning guys. 

Everyone: Good morning Y/n. 

Y/n: Where's everyone else? 

Popola: Kaine's in the bathroom, Emil, 21o and 6o are in the spare bedrooms and the others are outside training. 

Devola: Where'd Louise go? She kinda vanished last night. 

Y/n: She's in my bed. 

Popola: Yeah. That girl, Kaine, scared her. 

Y/n: Yeah, that's a reasonable way to feel. I mean, Kaine is kinda... intense. 

Devola: Yep. 

Yonah: Mr Y/n...? Am I going to be okay? 

My expression softens and I sigh as I rub the back of my head, unsure of how to answer that. Thankfully, the twins had my back. 

Popola: Try not to think about it Yonah. We'll figure out a cure. 

Yonah: O-Okay.

Y/n: We'll work through it together. I promise. 

Devola pats Yonah's back reassuringly. I enter the kitchen and see A2 moving frantically around the stove, opening cupboards, grabbing spices, cutlery and other stuff. From the stove, I smell something burning and catch on to what she was trying to do. A low chuckle leaves my lips as I walk over to her. 

Y/n: You know, if you wanted to learn how to cook, you could've just asked. 

A2: H-Huh? What? N=No, I'm not cooking. I'm just... Uh... T-Testing the heat of the stove! That's it! 

I shake my head with a small smile and look at the stove, seeing a burnt pancake. 

Y/n: It's okay to make mistakes you know. Cmon, I'll show you how to do it properly. 

A2: I... Thanks... Can we keep this between ourselves? 

Y/n: Sure. 

She smiles softly and I begin to show her how to cook the pancakes properly without burning them. I cooked the first pancake and let her do the rest. At the end of it, there was plenty of pancakes for everyone. A2 gave me a small smile. 

A2: Thanks again. 

Y/n: Don't mention it. I'll call the others outside. 

A2 nods and goes to the living room to call everyone. Meanwhile, I head out to the back garden and open the door, seeing 2b, 9s, Nier and Grimmwoire Weiss sparring against each other. 

Y/n: Hey, guys! Breakfast is ready! 

They all stop and sheath their weapons, following me inside. Together, we all start eating pancakes and share small talk with each other. Having this many people at first had me worried, but I like to think we've all quickly adjusted to it. Once we all finished, I gathered the dirty plates and cleaned up. 

After cleaning up, I approached Nier, 9s and 2b. 

Y/n: Hey guys. Mind if I take a minute to talk? 

9s: What's the matter?