A Normal Day

Y/n P.O.V

After learning that I had a few new... "guests", Popola, Devola and I left the house and began to walk down the streets. The twins couldn't help but be amazed at our surroundings as we walked. 

Popola: This is what humanity was like? 

Y/n: Yeah. Lots of people, giant buildings, busy streets and more. Its a lot to take in, right? 

Devola: Yeah. A part of me is still wondering how we ended up here. 

Y/n: No kidding. I wanna find out too, but as much as I hate it, I've gotta go to school. 

Popola: Why is that? Most people back in our home only had to attend school or classes until they were 12. How old are you? 

Y/n: 18. But that's because the whole school thing is a little more complicated here. Putting it bluntly, I hate the system. Most people in this time practically work themselves to the grave. 

Devola: Its that bad? 

Y/n: Not just school-wise. I also mean if and when people get a job. Its honestly a little morbid when you think about it, so I try my best not to. 

Popola: Hm... 

The three of us continued to walk down the streets and passed through many crowds. 

Devola: There's a lot of... strange looks here. 

Y/n: You mean people's appearances? Yeah, that's uh... A bit of a growing issue with Western culture. 

Popola: Care to explain a little more? Its actually interesting to learn more about humanity in this era of time. 

Y/n: I'm glad you think so. But its probably best not to talk about it in public. If I say one wrong thing, then that's the end of me. The alphabet soup community will try and hang me to death. Metaphorically speaking. Mostly. 

Devola: Uhh...

Y/n: Trust me. Just don't pay those kinds of people any attention. That's all they want. 

The red headed twins nodded and continued to follow me. 

Popola: So you know us from a game, right? What were those games about? 

Y/n: Oh! Well... I mean, I could explain to you guys right now, but then I'd have to explain it to the others when we get back. I'd rather just explain everything in one go if that's alright with you two. 

Devola: Sure. If it makes things easier to explain. 

Popola: It still just sounds weird. Knowing that we're from a video game. 

I nodded in agreement. Really made me wonder what it'd be like if I was from a video game and then just somehow wandered into an entirely different world. It was kinda scary. Before we knew it, we had arrived at the gates of my school, seeing other students my age entering. I turned to the twins. 

Y/n: Alright, this is where we part ways. Think you girls remember the way back home? 

Devola: Sure. It seemed simple enough. 

Popola: Should we come back here to pick you up? 

Y/n: No, I should be fine walking back by myself. You girls can just relax until I get back. And... Can you do me a favour and make sure the others don't somehow wreck the house, please? 

Devola: Sure. We'll do what we can to keep things tidy. 

Y/n: Thanks. I owe you. Anyway, I'll see you in a few hours from now. Bye. 

Popola: See you later. 

With that said, we all went our separate ways. The red headed twins walked back to my home while I entered my school. However, before I entered the school gates, I took a moment to take a deep breath and compose myself, trying to calm my nerves after the strange and intense morning I had. Once I achieved that, I continued to go to my lessons, wanting to just get through the day as fast as I could. 

The majority of the day went by smoothly with me just focusing on my lessons and doing all the work. I wasn't the smartest of the classes, but I also wasn't the dumbest either which I was thankful for. If there was one thing I hated about education systems, it'd be the fact that its not really a test of knowledge, just more of a test of memory. I'd rather not bleed myself dry reading over papers and books. Its more annoying considering I've been doing that ever since I started school. 

Before I knew it, the school day came to an end. A relaxed sigh left my lips as I packed all my things and left the class. As soon as I left, I made my way to the exit but I got stopped by the usual bullies. Three guys, all without a dad and OnlyFans "model" mothers. 

Bully1: What's the rush? You act like you got somewhere to be. 

Y/n: I do, actually and that is my home. So if you don't mind, I'll just be leaving. 

I tried to get through, but the goons shoved me back. I sighed and rolled my shoulders back. 

Y/n: There's no need for this. 

Bully2: Maybe. But we saw your tweet about our moms. How we were all "group projects". 

Y/n: I don't look like I'm wrong though. I mean, you all look like you somehow share and don't share the same dad. 

Bully3: You little punk! 

The third bully threw a punch at me, but I backed away and threw a right jab at his face, knocking him back. Unfortunately, the other two bullies took their chance to restrain me, getting behind me and holding me by my arms. I grunted as I tried my best to escape their grips, but to no avail. Suddenly, the third bully threw a gut punch at me, making me cough saliva and fall to my knees. He then grabbed me by the back of my hair and threw a few more punches at me. 

Before he could land a 6th hit, security came along and actually did their job right for once, separating me from the fatherless bullies. They then dragged them back into the main building while one of the other security guards made sure I was okay. 

Security: You okay kid? 

Y/n: Yeah, I'm fine. They've done worse in the past. This is nothing. 

Security: Do you need to see the nurse? Looks like some of those punches might leave a mark.

He gently touched my eye, making me wince. 

Y/n: I'll be fine once I get home. I'll put some ice on it. 

Security: Alright, have a nice evening. 

Y/n: You too. 

After that mess, I began to make my way back home, annoyed at how the end of my day went. But then again... That's just A Normal Day for me.