Nier Enough Explanation

Y/n P.O.V

Finally returning to my home after a long day of school, I unlocked my front door and entered. Shutting the door, I called out to the others. 

Y/n: I'm back! 

???: About damn time! 

I let out a low sigh. I probably should have remembered that Kaine was... well, kind of a short fuse when it came to her temper. This whole story thing really wasn't gonna do me any favours either... Taking a deep breath, I entered the living room and saw everyone had actually made themselves comfortable, sitting down on the sofas. 

Kaine: So, you want to start giving us some answers now? You made us wait this long. 

Nier: Kaine... 

Y/n: Its a really, REALLY long story. 

9s: Well, we don't know how to get back so we might as well hear it. 

Commander: 9s, next time refer to me before you go through with something. 

9s: S-Sorry Commander. 

Commander: But I do agree with 9s. If you have information about us, we'd all like to hear it. 

A2: Hold on. 

A2 stood up, walked towards me and raised a hand to my face. She gently touched my eye, making me wince. 

A2: The hell happened to you? 

Y/n: Nothing. Just... bunch of idiots trying to act tough is all. 

Devola: I usually only see marks like that in a bar fight back home. Which is pretty rare. 

Popola: May I take a look at it? 

Y/n: I'll be fine. Honest. I'm just gonna get some ice and that should stop any swelling or further bruising. 

I entered the kitchen, opened up the freezer and got out a bag of ice. With the bag of ice in hand, I returned to the living room and held it up to my eye, taking a seat on the arm of a sofa. 

Y/n: Right... Now the story... 

Nier: Actually, before you start. I've got a question about the games you know us from. Every video game's got a title, right? So what's the game we're from? 

Y/n: Its actually two different games. The androids are a sequel to your story. 

Nier: Huh? So those guys (points to androids) are from our future? 

Y/n: Pretty much. You're from the game "Nier Replicant" and they're from Nier Automata. 

Yonah: So both games are named after big brother? 

I nodded. 

Y/n: Yeah. Although, he's not really in Automata. Well, I mean... In a sense, he kind of is...? 

Kaine: How so? 

Y/n: Well... Every android was created with inspirations from the Replicants. This included both you Nier and Kaine. I'm... Honestly a little surprised you guys haven't noticed the similarities. 

9s + Nier: About how we look and act the same kind of? 

The duo looked at each other, surprised at the synchronisation. 

Y/n: Yeahhhhh, like that. 

Grimmoire Weiss: I was thinking the boys looked and spoke in very similar tones. 

2b: This is... not what I was expecting. Don't games have beginnings and endings? How does ours end? 

I opened my mouth to speak, but I immediately remembered how their games ended. How ALL of their games ended. I couldn't just tell them that! Could I? But... Maybe if I tell them, their fates can be avoided? But what if they don't take it well? I know I wouldn't. Ugh... This is a mess to figure out! I'll hold off on it for now, try and build up a little bit of trust with them. That way they don't try to lash out at me.