Bedtime

Y/n P.O.V

The entire day was spent with everyone switching over controllers and playing matches against each other. Hell, I think I even saw the Commander smile more than a few times when she played against Adam and Eve. But while they could all easily stay up all night and play games, I'm only human and I need sleep. 

Stretching my arms up, I stood up. 

Y/n: I think I'm done for today. I'm gonna get some sleep. 

9s: You sure? 

I nod slowly in response, letting out a yawn. 

Y/n: Yeah. You guys can keep playing if you want. 

Commander: Okay. Sleep well Y/n. 

Y/n: Thanks. 

I turn and walk upstairs into my room. I change into my pajamas and tuck myself in bed. However, before I get to fall asleep, my room door opens, revealing 21o. 

21o: Before you go to sleep, I have something to ask you. 

Y/n: Sure. What is it? 

21o: How can any of us truly trust you? You know an awful lot about our worlds and the events that lead up to Humanity's extinction. You say you don't know how we got here, and yet here we are. 

Y/n: So you still don't trust me is what you're trying to say. 

Her response was a simple nod. I couldn't blame her for feeling this way. She's always been a little rough and stern. Well, for the most part. 

21o: And you also seem to know a lot about ourselves on a personal level. 

Y/n: Yeah. 

21o: I'm just having a difficult time adjusting to all of this. 

Y/n: If you'd like, I can let you guys play your games of origin. 

21o: Really? 

Y/n: Yeah. Little fun fact, the voice actors for 2b and 9s, in this world, actually did play Nier Automata and recorded it. 

21o: I see. That does sound... interesting. I have one last question for you. 

Y/n: Go ahead. 

21o: What are the plans for tomorrow? I doubt you wish to keep us all distracted with "video games". 

Y/n: No, that'd be kinda stupid. I was thinking I could head out with some of you to buy some proper clothes and get you adjusted to this world. 

21o: I think the clothes we're wearing right now are perfectly suitable. 

Y/n: I was mostly referring to Kaine and Adam and Eve. 

21o: Oh. In that case, I agree. Can you... keep a secret? 

Y/n: What is it? 

21o: I truly don't understand the point in Kaine's attire being so revealing. 

Y/n: She grew up ostracised by the world around her due to her being born differently. She's had to make do with scraps and rags. You can't blame her for that. 

21o: I see. I'll see you tomorrow morning then. Sleep well, Y/n. 

Y/n: Goodnight 21. 

I lie down in my bed as she leaves and closes the door behind her. A yawn leaves my mouth and I close my eyes, gently falling asleep. 

Just a small moment before I fall asleep, I felt something small cuddle up to me under the blanket. But at that point, I was already fast asleep.