Chapter 16

It was a wonder Kinsey could get out of bed this morning. One, the bed was insanely comfortable and she enjoyed not having to cling to the backrest to stop herself from falling off. Two, there was a gloriously naked Damon beside her who refused to let her go. They hadn't left the bed all of Sunday, except for a few necessary breaks, but now it was Monday and Kinsey had to go to work.

He kissed every part of her he could up until she was off the bed. Even then, she wasn't safe when he came after her.

"Damon," she laughed. "I have to go to work." She was deliciously sore as she crossed the room for the bathroom to find her dress. Her whole body seemed to buzz with newfound energy. He wasn't kidding when he said all of his fluids were regenerative. It was unlike anything she had ever experienced.

"You don't have to go," Damon told her, following close behind her. "You're choosing to leave."

She paused at his disapproving tone and turned around, placing a hand on his chest. He took the chance to pull her in, wrapping his arms around her. She peered up at him, at those lively verdant eyes. "Thank you for a fabulous weekend."

Honestly, thanking him wasn't enough. She wished there was more she could do to express how grateful she was. No one had ever made her feel so treasured or desired--or sinfully sexy.

"I want to see you tonight," he demanded unabashedly.

The smile on her face felt stupid and giddy. "What did you have in mind?"

His eyes flashed gold. "Whatever you want."

She peered over to the mini pool in the corner. He'd called it a jacuzzi, but she hadn't known for them to be that big; there was enough room for a party of five in there. "I can think of a few things I'd like to do in this room alone. I haven't even seen the rest of your place."

A low rumble vibrated in his chest. His hand slipped down to her rear and grabbed it tight, holding her flush against his growing erection. "I will give you a thorough tour of my home later, just don't come before six. My place screams bachelor."

Ah. There was a reason he had sequestered her to his bedroom. For the brief time she was outside of it, she did recall seeing a few pizza boxes laying over the kitchen counter and maybe a few articles of clothing tossed over the couch.

She giggled, imagening her big, strong Alpha running around his apartment desperately cleaning. It was so cute, she was tempted to stay and watch.

Damon tilted her chin up and kissed her. How could she say no? She wrapped her arms around his neck and sank into his embrace. Moaning, he lifted her off the floor, tying her legs around his waist. His tip grazed over her already slick core. It took everything she had to pull her lips away.

"Damon. . ."

He moved his kisses to her neck. "I'll be quick," he mumbled on her skin. "I need to be inside you, Kinsey. You feel so good."

As if to emphasize his words, he rolled her hips along his shaft. She threw her head back, pinching his shoulders, and let the roiling heat building up consume her. 

"I'll give you five minutes," she relented. It was impossible to say no to this outrageously sexy man.

"Five," he promised, nibbling on her neck.

♡ ♡ ♡

Kinsey's definition of five minutes was very, very different from Damon's. By the time she walked through the Corporation's front doors, after being dropped off at her place, avoiding Sabrina's probing questions and quickly changing into jeans and a hoodie, she was half an hour late. She hoped no one would notice her late arrival.