Six

BAILEY HAD HOLES FROM BULLETS ALL OVER HER

Whoever was in the jet had her shot at least five times. At least. Somehow, Bailey didn't feel any pain. There was a bit of a sting to her skin, but she knew that it didn't feel like it should.

She should be dead. Or Bailey should be screaming in pain, loosing blood, and then falling to the ground.

But she was just standing there in the same spot, only minimal blood coming out from the wounds. Clint picked himself and the kid up.

Pietro opened his eyes, looking into Bailey's. She was his savior.

"I saw that one coming, Pietro," she mumbled with a slight smirk.

Pietro laughed a little bit, but he was truly serious. "Bailey? Dragã, y-you saved my life."

"Mine too," Clint muttered.

Pietro looked down at all the bullet holes in her suit. "How are you still alive?"

He was in shock, looking at her puzzled. Everyone was. She was sure even whoever was piloting the jet was too.

Bailey felt bad because she knew she mainly did it to save Pietro. Not that she didn't want to save Clint, but she saw Pietro and that's when her instinct activated.

It was a rather strange question to ask someone, but someone had to ask it. Clint, the kid, and Pietro were all in shock and horrified at what they all had to fear. They all thought they were going to die.

Bailey was scared too. She didn't know why she was alive and why being hit by tons of bullets didn't affect her.

And she had saved Pietro, Clint, and a child.

It was insane the way it went. As soon as she saw Pietro near the jet, she ran to protect him. It was like a natural instinct.

"I-I don't know. I don't know what's going on- I'm scared, Pietro."

Clint approached her, his hand dragging aloud her skin. "Are you ok, Bailey?"

She nodded slowly. "I think so?"

Without even asking, Pietro scooped her up in his arms. "We need to get her out of here, Clint. Now."

Meanwhile, Vision and Wanda were killing Ultron once and for all. Wanda was not showing any mercy to the man who had a part in destroying her life.

Bailey wasn't even protesting as Pietro ran at super speed to the jet. Clint was following slower behind them, also returning the kid to his family.

"Stark!" he yelled.

They came to a stop as Pietro still held her protectively in his arms.

Tony was still in his Iron Man suit, but his helmet was off. His face dropped when he saw Bailey's skin with bullet holes all over it.

"Shit! Bailey..."

Tony looked at Pietro in horror. "Sit her down."

Pietro complied even though he hated Stark with everything in him. He sat Bailey down as she spreaded across a few seats on the jet.

"Tony, I'm ok, I really am-"

"You were shot like... a million times! You're not fine!"

Bailey wasn't lying. She only felt a small amount of pain. She wasn't sure how this was possible though. She had the powers of a storm bender and a bit more. She could control weather and stuff like that. She wasn't immortal or bulletproof. Or so she thought until today. Because that was the only reasonable explanation to why she wasn't dead right now.

"It doesn't really hurt, I'm just really tired..."

Pietro sat down next to Bailey, his hands stroking her hair.

"I'm so thankful you're alive- but how are you alive is the question? Bruce might have to run some tests on you when we get back to the compound."

Bailey weakly nodded. "Tony, you do think I'll m-make it back right? Maybe I'm dying right now..."

"Bails, if you were going to die it would have already happened. Get some rest and we'll figure out everything tomorrow."

Tony looked over to Pietro. "The others are almost back. Take care of her."

Tony went to another part of the jet, leaving just Pietro and Bailey. And Bailey noticed that he was looking at her like she was his whole world. And she wasn't sure why.

Pietro was acting serious and caring. And he was never serious; everything was always a joke to him. He was always teasing you, never seeming to actually care.

Bailey could tell that he cared right now.

His hand was still running through Bailey's brunette hair. "Your my savior, Bailey Bolt."

Bailey smiled. "Even though you're annoying, I'm glad I saved you."

Pietro chuckled to himself. "You're an idiot."

"That's not the way to talk to your savior."

He smirked. "Get some rest, printsessa."

BAILEY HADN'T BEEN ON A HOSPITAL BED IN A WHILE.

Even though she was fine, everyone insisted she went straight into medical care. She was in one of the Avengers' "hospital rooms" bored out of her mind.

Bruce had already ran a bunch of tests on her, but he hadn't quite found an answer yet to why the bullets didn't affect her.

The door creaked open, revealing a tall god standing in the doorway. This was one of the few times Bailey saw Thor without his hammer in hand.

"Uh, Lady Bolt. I came to check on you- how are you doing?"

Bailey smiled. She was surprised to see Thor as one of her first visitors. Although it wasn't that big of a surprise since Thor was very kind. He was a big god with a big heart.

"I'm just bored. I feel fine. Do they have any idea what's wrong with me, Thor?"

It was true. Bailey felt like there was something wrong with her. She should have died. Anyone else would have died, even Wanda with her way more powerful powers. Maybe even Thor.

"Stark was suggesting one thing and Banner seemed to consider it..."

Thor looked at her nervously. "They're saying maybe it's some form of ballistic protection. That you're bulletproof."

Bailey nodded, slowly taking all of this in. It would make sense...

Bruce entered the room. "Hey, Thor. Were you telling her what Tony thought?"

"I was."

Bruce nodded. "We have an idea. And we're going to test it out tomorrow if that's alright with you, Bailey."

She nodded. She wanted to know how she survived. "Yeah, sure."