Thirteen

BAILEY WOKE UP TO THE SOUND OF YELLING

She remembered what had happened. Hellebore had started shooting her, and she became unconscious.

Bailey was still shackled, but she noticed the door of the room she was being kept in was open.

The yelling and stomping noises were heard from outside of the room. She saw all of the bullet marks on her skin. It made her feel so ugly and like a monster. At least she was alive. That's what Bailey had to keep telling herself.

She was crawling across the concrete floor. Of course it was hard to with her hands shackled, but it was her only way of escape.

Bailey managed to make it out the room, spotting one of the guards being thrown against the wall. And he wasn't the only one; many more followed. And she noticed that they were being thrown by a blur.

A silver blur.

"Pietro!" her weak voice called out.

The blur immediately stopped, revealing the tall silver haired man. He turned around quickly, immediately running in her direction.

He bent down, looking at her in horror. Pietro was shaking his head back in forth in disbelief. His blue eyes were tearing up a bit.

Pietro's hand gently touched her hair. "Printsessa..."

As he looked at her bullet holes, Bailey could see the heartbreak in his eyes. "A-are you ok?"

She managed a smile. "I'll be alright, Pietro."

His hand brushed against her shackles. "Let me get these off. "

Pietro sped off for a moment, returning the next minute with a key in his hands. The shackles were unlocked, setting Bailey free.

She got to her feet, but she wasn't on them for long. Pietro scooped her up in his arms. "I've got you, dragã. Everything's going to be alright."

Bailey didn't argue. She just let Pietro hold her. She felt too weak to move. She was exhausted. Bailey wanted to kill Hellebore for this.

"Is everyone else here?" Bailey asked.

"They all are. We took care of Hellebore. You're safe."

Bailey looked up at Pietro with a big smile. "Pietro."

"Yes?"

"Thank you."

"For what?"

"For saving me."

The silver haired boy smirked. "I guess we're even now."

"Mm, I guess we are."

Bailey fell asleep in that moment.

"MY PRINTSESSA, YOU SHOULD REALLY WAKE UP."

Bailey groaned, tensing up when she felt hands running through her hair and her body against someone else's.

It was a familiar scene. Laying in a bed with Pietro. But it was her bed, not his. She rolled over, Pietro smiling at her.

His arms were holding her in place, and she looked down to see the same grey hoodie Pietro had given her before.

That wasn't what she had on when she was kidnapped. Pietro must have put it overtop to make her more comfy.

She couldn't quite call herself Pietro's savior anymore. Because he was hers too. And this was the moment she realized that she had been lying to herself.

Bailey Bolt didn't hate Pietro Maximoff. She didn't think he was barely a friend either. She had a crush on him.

She had a crush on Pietro Maximoff.

Maybe she should have realized it sooner. It should have been obvious, especially to herself. The way she felt whenever he gave her that look of his his, the way she found everything he said incredibly funny, the way his voice made her melt...

Bailey could go on and on with the reasons Pietro Maximoff was her newly discovered crush. She didn't feel as weak and helpless as she did before. She felt strong and warm in his arms.

She looked over, seeing that the door was closed. And locked. Thank god. If Wanda walked in or something, she would be so flustered.

"You really care about me, don't you?" Bailey whispered.

Pietro laughed. "Are you kidding me, Bailey?"

"What?" she asked, clueless.

"You didn't think I cared about you? Ever since we've met, my whole world has revolved around you. You've been my sun, dragostea."

"Then why'd you try to kill me when we first met?" Bailey giggled.

He smirked. "Honestly, I was told to attack the Avengers. I just saw you and I knew in that moment that I didn't care about killing the Avengers, I just wanted to get a better look at you. Because you were- are so beautiful."

Pietro and Bailey sat up. They sat on the bed, still close, and their bodies still touching. Bailey fidgeted with the necklace around her neck nervously.

"You are nervous, are you not?"

Bailey quickly looked down at her necklace and then back up at Pietro. "How did you know?"

He moved a bit closer. "I can tell when your nervous, Bailey-ul meu."

"And that means...?"

"C'mon that's an easy one, printsessa."

"I know what your other nicknames mean, Pietro."

"How?"

Pietro's face was turning a shade of maroon as he scratched the back of his neck. He didn't break eye contact with Bailey once.

"A little something called Google," Bailey teased.

"So you know what I'm calling you?"

She nodded.

Pietro's hand traveled along her skin, finding it's way onto her blushing cheek. He observed every single one of her features.

"Good, my love."

That's when it all started to happen. Pietro leaned in first, Bailey following. Their lips went together, and everything felt right.

Pietro was gentle, but good. Her arms wrapped around his neck, as he got closer with every movement.

Everything else seemed to stop in that moment. Everything around them. It was just Bailey and Pietro. Her and the boy she had grown to love.

She was glad she took the bullets for him. It was one thing Bailey would never ever regret. Because if he wasn't here with her right now, she would loose her mind.

After a few more seconds, they broke apart. Even though both of them knew they wanted to keep going.

Bailey was a red mess.

"Doamne, e atât de superbă," Pietro mumbled to himself.

"Hm?" she asked, looking up.

"Nothing, beautiful. I should let you get some more rest."

Bailey was the one smirking this time as Pietro got up off the bed. "I'm glad you woke me up, Pietro. I enjoyed that."

A smirk formed on his lips almost immediately. "Then it won't be the last, printsessa."

The silver blur left her room.