Ten

BAILEY REALIZED THAT SHE HAD NO IDEA WHERE PIETRO'S ROOM WAS

It was almost 3 A.M. and she knew Pietro wasn't asleep. She saw his attempt to sneakily run to the kitchen for a night snack. He wasn't as secretive as he may have hoped to be.

She felt really bad about what happened during truth or dare. Bailey wasn't sure if she should or not though. I mean yes- she lied, but Pietro didn't know that she lied.

At this point she would just be apologizing for picking someone else over Pietro. She had known Steve longer, but Pietro probably had a right to be mad. She was sitting with him wearing his hoodie after all.

Ok, maybe Bailey wasn't exactly sure how to apologize to Pietro. Pietro jokingly said a lot of mean things to her and never apologized. Not that she needed him to, but he probably wouldn't care if she didn't apologize.

But Bailey wanted to. Something about what she said upset him, and she wanted to make sure he was ok.

Still enemies or not, they were teammates, maybe even friends.

They couldn't be enemies anymore. Enemies didn't hang out together or offer their sweatshirt to the other.

Enemies didn't call each other by nicknames. Especially ones like dragã.

Bailey was roaming through the countless hallways of the Avengers Compound. She knew where everyone else's rooms were aside from the twins'.

Bailey assumed Wanda and Pietro's rooms were close together.

The hallways were dark, so Bailey attempted to use her phone flash light to see. She hoped Pietro was still up. She had heard from Wanda that he stayed up late because he often had trouble sleeping.

Since he ran so fast and so much, Pietro usually has lots of energy.

Bailey tiptoed, careful to not wake anyone else up. Her eyes settled on what she was almost certain was Pietro's room.

Bailey lightly knocked. No response. She knocked again. Also no response. It felt rude, but she pushed the door open, peering in.

"Pietro?"

She didn't see him at first. It worried her. She would have assumed he was asleep, but he wasn't on his bed.

Pietro's room was quite nice. It was somewhat messy though. It was similar in size to Bailey's, but decorated and organized differently.

Just as she was ready to leave, someone called her name.

"Bailey?" The voice was almost a whisper.

Pietro was in a loose shirt and sweats. He looked tired just like she was, and his hair was a bit messy.

"I'm sorry," she blurted.

Bailey was sometimes bad at apologies. They were hard. Besides saying "I'm sorry", what else do you even say?

Pietro still wasn't smirking- or smiling. "For what?"

"I- you seemed upset after I did my truth. And I wasn't really answering the question honestly."

Pietro moved closer. He gestured for her to sit down on his bed, which she did. They sat beside each other. Normally they were joking around or teasing, but this seemed to be mostly serious.

"What was the honest answer, dragã?"

A part of Bailey relaxed. If he was calling her that then he couldn't be too mad.

"You. You, Pietro."

Now Pietro was smiling. Just like before, he was genuinely smiling.

"I don't know why I said Steve."

Pietro smirked, his hand nearing Bailey's. "I knew you liked his muscles."

Bailey giggled. "I don't. Pinky promise."

She held out her pinky finger as Pietro looked at her as if she was stupid. "Pinky what?"

Bailey audibly gasped. How could anyone not know a pinky promise? In her opinion, that was the strongest type of promise.

"We lock our pinky fingers and make a promise. You've never heard of it? Do you live under a rock, idiot?"

The teasing never stopped. But both of them were ok with that.

"I have not, printsessa."

His pinky locked with hers and she smiled. "You're a real jerk, but I like you sometimes."

Pietro laughed and then smirked. "I like you sometimes too."

Pietro's bed was so soft and comfy. Bailey was tired, and she could feel another series of yawns coming over her. Bailey wished she didn't fall asleep so quickly.

"It's getting late," Pietro noted.

"Yeah. I'm fine though," she mumbled 

"You're tired. Get some rest."

"I don't want to walk all the way to my room," a sleepy Bailey complained.

"Don't worry about it, dragostea. Just lay down."

So she did.

THIS WOULD BE THE SECOND TIME IN A WEEK THAT BAILEY WOKE UP LAYING ON PIETRO MAXIMOFF.

That sounds unbelievable. And it was for her. He was a stranger just weeks ago, and their feelings for each other were still unclear.

Sometimes it still seemed like the two hated each other with their insults and teasing. But then there were other times when they could be mistaken for a couple.

Bailey didn't think she liked Pietro. She wasn't sure. She was conflicted.

Imagine how confused she was when she woke up in his arms, her head nuzzled into his chest. When she tried to move, Pietro's arms just pulled her in more.

How did this happen?

Right.

Bailey had come in so late at night to apologize to Pietro and she was so tired that she must have accidentally fell asleep on his bed. And it's his bed, so he must have went next to her and they they must have accidentally been in this position.

"Pietro," she whispered.

Pietro didn't even move. "iubițel," she tried.

For some reason, his head shot up at that nickname. "Printsessa?" his sleepy and rather attractive morning voice called.

"We've got to get up."

"Just a few more minutes... I'm tired."

Bailey sighed, staying in the same position trying to fight the butterflies from rising in her stomach once again.

She really was going to stay a few more minutes.

Until she heard all of the yelling and gunfire from outside Pietro's room.

Bailey immediately sprung out of the bed, Pietro following. They didn't waste a second. Bailey went to open the door to find out exactly what was happening, but Pietro grabbed her wrist gently before she could.

"I heard guns... it might not be safe, printsessa."

"What about the others?"

"I'll get suited up."

Bailey realized that she could not do that. "I don't have my suit..."

"You'll be ok. I've got you, Bails."