Fourteen

THERE WAS A TEAM DINNER THAT NIGHT

Tony had it planned for a while, but he insisted that they could postpone it because of Bailey's situation. She insisted that she was ok. She had woken up with Pietro the next day after all. She was sore and tired, but having dinner wasn't anything that needed any kind of strength.

The team dinner was of course a dinner with the whole team, but it would almost be like a buffet. There was a lot of food, and that included food that was ordered out and homemade.

Tony had also explained that his "intern" was going to be joining them for dinner tonight. (Everybody knew that he likely wasn't just an intern).

Rhodey was joining them, and so was a new addition to the team, Sam Wilson, aka the Falcon.

Bailey felt the need to dress up- she just did. Ok, maybe she had a reason, and that reason was Pietro Maximoff.

She was wearing a nice dress. Normally, Bailey wouldn't do that for one of Tony's dinner. One of Tony's parties, yes, but just for dinner? She was doing this because she wanted to impress Pietro.

And that dress was a silver color once again.

Bailey still couldn't believe that they had kissed. Never had she imagined Pietro's lips on hers. (Except maybe a few times...)

She was trying to keep her feelings for Pietro a secret from everyone else, including their kiss. She was pretty sure Wanda read her mind, because when she was walking past her, Wanda smirked.

As soon as Bailey saw her, she tried her hardest to not think about Pietro. And that just made her think about him more.

It had finally come time for dinner, and Bailey was nervous to say the least. It felt good to recognize her her feelings for Pietro, but it was also scary.

Bailey arrived in the dining room, some of the other Avengers already there. She took a seat next to a smiling Natasha.

"You really do love silver, don't you?" Natasha questioned.

"Pietro, yeah, I-"

Oh my god. She did not just say that.

Bailey was already thinking about Pietro in the first place. Nat talking about silver made her think of him more and well...

That was embarrassing. It was hard to recover from type of embarrassing. At least Pietro hadn't arrived.

"Sorry, what I meant to say was that I really do love the color silver."

Natasha was smirking. "Sure."

At this point most of the team had arrived while Natasha and Bailey were talking. Bailey noticed Nat eyeing behind her, so she turned around.

Pietro was sitting beside her, looking her up and down.

"My gorgeous girl," he whispered, leaning a bit closer.

The way it rolled off his tongue was mesmerizing. The Sokovian accent was just the cherry on top. Would it be bad for Bailey to faint at Tony's important dinner?

She blushed, trying to not look him in the eye. If she did, she'd be even redder. But she was forced to when Pietro's hands cupped her chin, making her look into his enchanting blue eyes.

"Don't be nervous, dragã."

Bailey quickly nodded. "I'm not," she whispered.

"Ahem," Tony's voice echoed.

The two broke apart, realizing the whole table's attention was on them. Tony smirked and looked around at everyone.

"I'm so glad we could all get together for a team dinner tonight. It feels like we never have these anymore since everyone's so busy on missions or what not."

He was then making direct eye contact with Bailey. "Bails, you've had a rough time the past few days. You are so brave, and I want you to know that you're not going through any of this alone. And we're glad you're ok."

Some of the Avengers cheered. Bailey felt special. Especially when Pietro rubbed her back soothingly.

Tony then put his attention on an unfamiliar boy. That must be the intern he was taking about. He was young; younger than Bailey but it had to just be a couple years difference. He was a kid though.

He had fluffy brown hair and brown eyes, and he wore a big awkward smile.

"This is Peter Parker, and he's my intern."

Sam Wilson started cackling. "Cut the crap, Tony. We all know he's Spider-Man."

Everyone burst out into laughter. Bailey didn't even realize, but she figured she would have eventually. She knew Spider-Man, he was a brand new hero that got popular on YouTube amongst a lot of teens.

"Uh, hi everyone..." Peter said happily but quietly.

"Hey Peter," Bailey said with a friendly smile.

Pietro looked at Peter as if he was a bigger threat than Ultron. Even faster than he ran, his arm went around Bailey quickly.

Everyone was beginning to eat, and Pietro and Bailey were unnecessarily close. And sometimes they were even having their own little side conversations and giggling.

"Alright, is someone going to address the elephant in the room?" Clint asked, eyeing Pietro and Bailey.

Pietro raised an eyebrow. "Why are you looking at me?"

"I'm looking at you and Bailey."

Some ooohs were heard.

"I mean it's true, you guys have been all over each other the whole dinner," Sam agreed.

"That's not even true-" Bailey tried to say.

"Aha! Yes! My ship is sailing!" Tony exclaimed.

Pietro sighed. "You know, I don't even like you, Stark. That may be the only reasonable thing you've ever said."

Pietro still disliked Tony and that was for sure. Bailey wasn't trying to, but she was pretty much hiding herself behind Pietro.

"Are they like dating?" Peter asked.

"No, no we're not," Bailey said confidently.

Wanda was smirking on the other side of her brother. "Mhm, but they have kissed."

Pietro's head shot up. "Wanda!"

Bailey gasped. That was not how she wanted her and Pietro's kiss to be announced to the rest of the team. She wasn't exactly trying to make herself the topic of the team dinner either.

"What? I read both of your minds, and both of you wouldn't stop thinking about it."

"Not helping," Pietro mumbled. "Although it's true, prunc," he whispered into Bailey's ear.

Tony looked around, clapping his hands with an idea and then pointed at Bailey and Pietro. "You know, I think there's some really good dessert in the other room. Bailey, Pietro, you two should go get it for us."