Eight

BAILEY THOUGHT IT WAS TOO EARLY FOR TRAINING,

but Steve tended to disagree. It had only been a few days since Sokovia, and Steve was already back to combat and strength training.

"Come on, Cap. Can't I skip it? I got shot, remember?"

Bailey had been using that as an excuse all week even though the bullets didn't hurt her. She tried to make people feel bad to get out of things which was hilarious to her.

Pietro was teasing her like usual, and he had gone a bit far. Bailey reminded him that she saved his life and he shut up almost immediately.

"You're strong enough to train, Bailey. Come on."

Steve had grabbed onto her arm.

"Hey!"

With his super strength, Steve pulled Bailey into the training room. "We're not doing anything extreme."

Bailey got into position and so did Steve. They always started out fighting each other in combat, not using any powers at first.

When it was time, Bailey ducked Steve's punch, sending one of her own directly into his chest. He stumbled back, but knocked her right back down.

Bailey tumbled to the ground with a groan as Steve extended her his hand.

"You normally beat me, Bails."

That wasn't completely true. Steve was extremely strong and he was often able to beat Bailey. But usually it was a pretty fair fight. Commonly, Bailey was even able to knock him to the ground.

She was being serious now. "I don't know, ever since I got shot, I've been more tired."

"We should probably tell Bruce that."

Bailey shook her head. She didn't think it was anything to be too concerned about. "No, no. I'm fine, really."

"Are you good to keep going then?"

She nodded, breathing in and out and using methods of motivation in her head. Bailey could do better than this.

"Yeah, I'll try harder."

Steve and her got into position. Bailey punched and missed. Steve tried to hit her aswell, but she managed to grab his arm and bend it.

He let out a noise of discomfort, Bailey using that opportunity to walk him in the chest and slide under him, ultimately knocking him off his feet.

Bailey wasn't sure if she was trying too hard but all she did know was that she beat Steve. Even though he was her own friend and teammate, this gave her a sense of pride.

However, when she looked over across the other side of the gymnasium, she saw that Steve and her had a spectator at their match. Pietro.

He was already staring at her, mesmerized and smirking.