Chapter Twelve

"Good morning, mon soleil

"Good morning, mon soleil." A voice sang from beside me as I snuggled under the covers even further. It was too early. And I was still too tired. "Wakey, wakey!" Groaning, I flung a pillow towards the sound of the voice as Neil's laughter echoed in the room.

"Why the fuck are you laughing at," I chanced a glance at the wall clock, "eight in the morning?" I grumbled as I rubbed my hands across my face. "You shouldn't even be up at this ungodly hour."

For the first time in what had probably been a long time, I had slept like a baby.

"Good morning to you too, grumpy." He chuckled before placing a tray beside me. "I brought you breakfast in bed."

"How sweet of you. Did you already have your usual breakfast of liquid sunshine?"

Neil grinned as he pushed the tray into my lap, the array of smells making my mouth water.

"Who'd have thought you'd be grumpier than usual in the morning, huh?"

Ignoring him, I scarfed down the PBJ sandwich as my stomach rumbled, realising that I hadn't eaten anything since my last dinner. I moaned as I ate the last bite before moving onto the omelet that was still piping hot.

"Well, I'll take it as a compliment to my cooking." Neil said as his arms went behind his head, his delicious muscles bulging with the movement.

Goddamn. This man, right here, was a man of many talents - apart from the bedroom, obviously.

"Thanks for breakfast." I swallowed down a gulp of apple juice - my absolute favorite drink in the world. "Is this the kirkland apple juice?" I asked with a frown, knowing the taste of it even in my sleep.

"It is." He admitted, his eyes going towards the wall right opposite his bed.

"How did you know I like it?"

Neil hesitated for a second before answering, an abashed expression on his face. "I saw you bring it to lunch a couple of times, so I guessed that you must like it."

"But you haven't even had lunch with me since that first time."

"I notice things." He shrugged as my heart melted at his confession.

Something so miniscule would have been overlooked by most. But not him. And I really didn't know how to feel about that.

I spent the next few minutes savoring my breakfast in silence as Neil left me to my own devices, going into the bathroom to shower, I presumed. By the time he came out, dressed in a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, I was ready to go. Since the only set of clothes I had were yesterday's work combo, that's what I put on - sans the panty and bra set of course. That was just for show, not for regular wear.

"You're leaving." It was a statement. Not a question. But god, I didn't want to leave. I should, though. No matter how enticing he looked with his wet hair flopping in his face and his scent filling the room.