Chapter Nineteen

I was currently sitting in a car beside my boss with his coat on me, as toasty and warm as ever

I was currently sitting in a car beside my boss with his coat on me, as toasty and warm as ever. Not that I'd admit that to him because hello? hyper independence. I sank deeper into the seat as our designated driver weaved through the streets before stopping in front of an expensive ass looking hotel. Neil and I got out as the driver followed us, going to the trunk to retrieve our bags.

"Get inside." Came Neil's low command as I went to help him.

"Neil, I can help -

"Aaliya, go inside before you die of hypothermia."

"Dramatic much?" I muttered, rolling my eyes as I entered the lobby.

Not gonna lie, it was warm and cozy inside. But that wasn't what impressed me. It was the sheer luxury that I could see reflecting back at me. I mean, I'd lived in my fair share of expensive hotels thanks to my dad's job and income, but none of them had been on this level. This hotel practically screamed elegance and class.

"Do you like it?" Neil's voice came from beside me as he leaned in, his eyes never wavering from mine.

"I do." I admitted softly. "Seems pretty expensive though, for a couple of days." I cleared my throat, tearing my gaze away from him and back to the lobby.

"Eh," He shrugged his shoulders. "It's on the company."

"I love the lobby. It's huge." My eyes widened as we made our way over to the reception, Neil dragging our suitcases behind us.

"That's what she said." He winked at me as I shot him a deadpan look, not at all amused at his sense of humor. Okay, I'll admit it...it was kinda funny. Just a little, okay?

"Hi. We've got two rooms booked under the name Miller." Neil said crisply, giving a polite smile to the lady at the reception.

"Right. Just give me a second, sir..." The woman's brows furrowed in concentration before she looked up at us in worry. "I'm sorry sir, but all our rooms have been booked."

"Excuse me?" Neil's head snapped back in anger before he leaned forward, placing his hands on the sleek marble counter. "Correct me if I'm wrong," he glanced at her name tag. "Joan, but I had specifically asked to book two rooms for three nights."

"I'm extremely sorry, Mr Miller, but there's no booking under your name. May I ask who you spoke to while doing the booking?"

"Yes of course." Neil pulled out his phone as he answered her. "I spoke to a gentleman named Brandon two days ago. He'd assured me that he'd booked our rooms since we're here for a convention and because I clearly remember emphasising the urgency of the matter to him. Here," He thrust his phone towards her. "I even have the booking confirmation on my email."

She winced before an apologetic expression took over her face. "I hate to say this Mr Miller, but Brandon is one of our new recruits and has made an error in the booking." In the back, I could see a young man practically plastering himself to the wall as he pointedly tried not to look at us. Must be Brandon. Poor guy. But priorities, am I right? "You'll have to forgive us, sir. Is there anything else we can do for you? Maybe we can upgrade you to a suite for you and your wife here? We've had a recent cancellation and hence, it's free."