Chapter 18

I took a stroll in the garden as my mind is messed because of helly.. I think I really love lucas.. What do I do now..? I bumped into someone and looked up and it's claude..

"what are you doing here at this time.?" he asked as he covered me with his shaul.. He is the one who needs  it.. Always roaming around half dressed .. Does he not feel cold at all.?

" I can't sleep  so just taking a walk.." I mumbled as I adjusted the shaul.. Hmm. It's warm..

" what about your highness?" I asked and he is silent

" Did you have something on your mind..?" he asked as he walked beside me.

" huh.. Nothing.." I said. he stared at me and sighed

" you are really bad at lying just like Your mom.." he mumbled.. It's the first time he is talking about mom..

" mom.. Don't lie.? "

" no.. She just sucks at it.. It's easy to find it if she lies.." he said. His eyes looked a bit soft while talking about mom.

" is that so..? " I mumbled back..there is a silence after that.

" what did you liked about mom.?" I asked.. Since my mind is full of lucas.. I just want to talk about their love story..

" I annulled my engagement with penelope And went on a vacation to ease my mind to siodanna.. That's When I met her.. She was a famous dancer in siodanna and I think I fell in love at first sight.." he said and I giggled..

We stared at each other surprised

" it's just that.. I find it amusing.. You.. falling in love at first sight.. "I said and he frowned

" just what do you think of me ..? Well.. It's kinda weird to say this out.. But I really did I think.. Or may be I was attracted to her beauty at first sight..then realized she is more  beautiful inside  ..

After meeting her.. I really forgot all my worries.. She was always energetic and cheerful.. Everyone around her will be happy just by her presence.. She is like that... Such a Warm person.. Her warmness was what my cold soul needed at that time.... Even if I don't talk much she would always talk and would tell me so many stories.. And I never felt bored of hearing them."he said with a small smile..

I felt a bit sad hearing that... He really loved mom to the level of using Blackmagic to forget her..

" is that why you used Blackmagic..? "I asked in  a low voice and he nodded a yes

" at that time I really went crazy.. I wanted to die but I can't.. I was the one killed that bastard to get this throne so I can't leave it.. So I didn't had any other choice.. But..

He paused for a moment and his eyes looked sad..

I shouldn't have done it... To tell you the truth, I loathed you.. If it's not for you diana wouldn't have died that's the only thought in my mind.. I didn't considered you as my child and wanted to forget everything and ended up doing that..

But..

When I met diana while I was in coma , she scolded me a lot.. She was so disappointed in me.. I felt so guilty when she told me she never left my side and was always by our side.. We saw how you decided to save me and she was so happy.. She proudly bragged about how much of an angel you are.. And I suddenly felt like laughing  from realisation ..

I realised I was a coward and fool that I hated you, when you are the only family left for me.. Only thing left by her , looking just like her.. I am not saying this in hope you will forgive me..

I am just saying...

If I didn't used blackmagic .. May be I would have realised this sooner and you wouldn't have suffered this much.. "he said..