Chapter 10

Zach's POV

"Mason," I asked. "When did she slip you that note?"

"As we were walking out of the hospital." He answered.

We started walking as soon as the storm stopped. But the storm that apparently started in Lauren's head is really chaotic. Trust me, if it were a real storm, it would be a supercell. That secret about Lauren I spilled about her, I now completely regret it. That's why our friendship will never be the same. I was a complete jerk back in fifth grade. She's gone through so much in her life, I was just adding to the pain. I feel stupid. You know how I said I don't have the same feelings for her as I did in fifth grade? Well...

We passed by the yogurt truck that Jocelyn was in. It was completely abandoned. Jocelyn walked up to it as did Jason. Ever since she came around, Jason all of a sudden got really smart and actually started thinking. He should be falling for someone more often. I followed along with them to see what was so suspicious about the truck of deliciousness. Walked in, it was completely empty. All the yogurt gone (other than the stuff I took earlier), Jocelyn's phone charger was gone, just everything. Just a paper was left in the middle of the floor. It had Jocelyn's name on it.

"What happened in here?" Jocelyn questionably asked.

"Maybe that paper will explain it." Jason answered. Seriously, they need to date.

Jocelyn slowly picked up the piece of paper slowly as if it were a bomb about to go off. Slowly unfolding it, she backed her head away, then she sighed in relief.

"It's okay, it's just a note from Joseph." She said.

"Joseph?" Jason asked.

"A friend of me and Lauren's."

"What does the note say?"

"It says that he wants me to meet up with him at the smoothie shop across the street."

"For?"

"To talk about something. It has to do with Lauren."

"What are we standing around for?" I yelled. "Let's go! Time's a ticking."

We all hopped out of the yogurt truck. Jordan was sitting in a ball of panic. Jerad and Jade were a bit closer than they were this entire time. Mason was thinking for once. Everyone else was just playing on their phones.

"Well," Mason questioned. "What was in there?"

"Just a letter to Jocelyn." Jason said. "No yogurt."

"How does that help with the mission to find Lauren?" Jordan yelled.

"Well the letter is to meet up with Jocelyn's friend to talk about Lauren, if that helps."

"Not really." Jordan responded. "But now I want a smoothie."

"I don't think you guys should come with me." Jocelyn said out of nowhere.

"Why not?" Jason asked.

"Because it would be kind of awkward if a bunch of people came with me." She nervously responded.

"Alright..." Jason suspiciously answered.

Jocelyn left, then instantly we came into a group huddle.

"Okay," Jade spoke for the first time in forever (no Frozen reference intended). "Something fishy is going on."

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"Come on. Lauren's friend from Detroit is all of sudden here along with her other friend who casually wants to have a smoothie across the street and does not want us to come. That is way too specific to not be suspicious. I say one of us should go in there and see what's REALLY up."