DRAMA

Christian's POV

I watched Natasha's actions. Her hands moved in the air. The face is so expressive. Her eyes met mine, and she gave me a smile. That smile fluttered my heart, like always. Then she asked.

"Are you ready ", without any thought, I shouted back.
"Yes, I am ready". But that's when reality hit me. I was sitting in the class room, and the whole class is now looking at me, bewildered.

I turned my head toward Phil. He placed his hand on his head.

"Wait, Phil, are you ready for what? ", I asked him.
"If you didn't hear clearly, then why did you say yes", he asked in an annoyed tone.

"Natasha looked at me and asked, Are you ready? So I just answered yes", I said as he shook his head.

"Chris, stop thinking that she is always looking at you. She was looking at the whole class" , Phil said. May be.

"Okay, got it. But what is this? ", I asked as a smile formed on his face.
"She asked who was ready to participate in drama ", he answered.
"So I said, ready to act on a drama. No way ", I said. But it was already out of my control.

"Okay, so Christian." Mr. Michael wrote my name and went outside.
I shook my head and said no to Natasha. However, she gave me a thumbs-up. How can she do this to me? She was well aware of my acting skills. It is literally negative.

"Okay, class. This is for today,", she said, and walked outside.

"Where are you going? ", Phil asked me.
"Just wait. I will be back," I said, sprinting towards Natasha's room.

"May I come in", I waited for her permission.
"Yes, Christian,", she called me to come in. I walked toward her table.

"Why did you do this to me? ", I asked with a sad face.
"What I did? ", she laughed at my actions.
"Why did you include my name in the drama", I waited for her reply.
"You said it yourself", she said. correct, but still.
"Natasha, you are well aware of my acting ", I continued to pout.
"Then why did you say yes", She closed the book and looked in my direction.
"I zoned out", I murmered.

"I don't like my students losing their focus on my class. So this is your punishment. Now if you have nothing else to say, you can leave", she basically kicked me out.

I sat in my class. Me acting. It will never work. I am sure of it.
"Christian ", Phil said, sitting beside me.
"I don't like it. What should I do? ", I said to him.
"You know, if you act badly on the audition, then you don't have to be on the drama show,", he gave me a free advice.

"But I don't want it to look like that ", I want to look cool in front of her.
"So you want to act, but you can't act", he asked.

"If you put it like that, I mean, I don't want to lose my image", I looked down.
"Okay, how about you choose a simple role", he asked.
"Simple role", I repeated.

"Yes, a role that only has one or two dialogues,", he asked.
"That's good", Then I don't have to act much, but I am still a part of the drama.
"Thank you, bro", I said to him as he proudly raised his head.

Next day

Me and Philip walked to the stage room. Today is the audition day. I want to have a simple role.

"Hi sir", I wished at Mr. Michael. He was standing on the stage.
"Hi Christian. Come on", he called me towards the stage.

"So guys, the play is a romantic one. A story about Romeo and Juliet ", he said. All are excited for this drama.

"Sir, audition," I asked.
"You don't need any auditions," he said. What he meant
"Then my role...", I assumed that it must be a short role.
"Don't worry, Christian. You have the best role in the drama ", Michael said. Best role.

"You are the Romeo,", he said. Smoke went through my ears. Romeo?
"Romeo him? ", Philip asked. Yes me?.
"Yes", he confirmed.

"No, sir, I want a small role,", I said.
"What are you talking about, Christian? You are the most handsome man here. So how can I choose other boys for the lead role ", he said. Why do I have to be so handsome?

"But my acting is so poor, sir", I finally said with hesitation.
"It's okay, we can improve it with practice", he patted my shoulder.
"But, sir", I don't think it will ever work.
"No buts. Now we have to find other characters", he asked me to look for the best partner.

"Great job, Christian. No Romeo ", Phil joked.
"You better shut up ", I was so angry.

"Hi Christian. I am Tessa ", a girl with two side chicks, came to me.
"Okay?", I haven't seen her before. Is she really in college?
"I heard that Romeo is so handsome, so you are the hero", she asked.
"I think so", I answered.

"It suits you well. I am sure you can do it well", She is giving false hope.

"But I am not sure ", I said.
"You are so funny ", she said, then ran outside laughing. The two side chicks followed her lead. Why does this girl consider the truth funny?

"You didn't even start, but you are already trending in the college group", Phil scrolled on his phone for me to see.
"Do you think I can act", I honestly asked to him.
"Just try", Phil said. Yeah, just try.

I think I can do it. May be. But I have no other choice now. Let's see how this turns out.

Don't forget to
Vote:❤❤❤❤❤
Comment:✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻✍🏻