Gemma, Cady And Sophie Talking Scene

[Gemma, Sophie and Cady sitting at the table and eating dinner] 

Gemma: Listen, girls, um... I have this project at work that's kind of overdue and with all the time that I had to take off last week, I'm not sure I'm gonna get it done. Anyway, it's not gonna take longer that a couple of hours, but if you could just hold down the fort by yourselves for a little while, that would help me so much. You can use my iPad, if you want. You can FaceTime a friend or play a game or something. 

Cady: What about screen time? 

Gemma: Hmm? 

Cady: Sophie doesn't use iPad, but I do. How long before I have to turn it off? 

Gemma: Oh, I don't care, as long as you want. I mean, I'm not gonna be gone that long. I'll just be down the hall. And, uh, when I'm done, we can go out somewhere. We can go to a playground or... get something to eat. Okay? 

[Cady nodding] 

Sophie: Can I... ask for something? 

Gemma: Yeah, go ahead. 

Sophie: I can draw kind of... nice, at least that's what Mom said, so... can I draw and show you some of my drawings? 

Gemma: Of course you can. We'll watch it all together, if you want. 

Sophie: Thanks. 

Gemma: No problem. 

[time skip, Gemma's in her home workroom, trying to prepare a Petz protype, Sophie comes in with a drawing, Gemma notices her] 

Gemma: Oh, Sophie, I'm sorry. Come here. 

[Sophie comes in, she shows Gemma her drawing] 

Gemma: What is this? Did you draw a picture? Oh, my God. This is amazing.

Sophie: I'm still working on it. 

Gemma: Tell me. 

Sophie: It was actually supposed to be a different animal for each head. 

Gemma: Mm-hmm. 

Sophie: Like, this one was supposed to be a tiger. 

Gemma: Mm. 

Sophie: And this one was supposed to be a grizzly bear, but I can never seem to get the fur right. 

Gemma: Mm. It's hard. I can relate. 

[Cady silently coming into the room] 

Cady: Gemma? Sophie? 

Gemma: Oh, Cady. Nice to see you. Sophie drew a painting. 

[Cady coming to them, Sophie showing her painting] 

Cady: That's really good. I wish I'd draw like you. 

Sophie: Thanks. 

Gemma: I've actually been working with some furry creatures myself. Do you wanna see? Yeah?

[Sophie and Cady nodding] 

Gemma: So, working on a version of the Perrpetual Pet that's cheaper. We still want it to be fun. So, what do you two think? Yeah. 

[the girls notice Bruce standing on the left] 

Sophie: What's that? 

Gemma: Oh. That's Bruce. 

Sophie: Is he a toy? 

Gemma: Yeah, kinda. He's a proxy robot. I built him when I was in college. 

Sophie: Why doesn't he have a face? 

Gemma: Yeah, I know what you mean. It's a pretty obvious design flaw. Okay, hold on. Let me see what we have. 

[Gemma looking in the cache, she finds a goggles, she puts it on Bruce' face] 

Gemma: See about this. How's that? 

[Cady and Sophie laughing happily] 

Gemma: Would you maybe want to talk to him? 

Cady: Yes. 

Gemma: Okay. 

[Gemma takes out gloves, she puts it on and activates Bruce, Bruce follows Gemma's moves] 

Gemma: Hey, girls, what's up? Give me five. 

[Cady and Sophie giving Bruce five] 

Gemma: Ouch, not so hard. 

Sophie: How does he work? 

Gemma: Are you sure you want to know? It might freak you out. 

Cady: We won't get freaked out. 

Gemma: Okay. 

[Gemma disactivates Bruce and puts the gloves to the cache] 

Gemma: Let's see what we've got here. 

[Gemma openes Bruce' face] 

Gemma: Okay. These are stereoscopic cameras. That is a laser. That's radar. These are bump sensores, so he can tell the difference between a human and a hard surface. And this little block right here is where all of his thoughts go. 

Sophie: It's his brain? 

Gemma: Yeah. And this is a spectrometer, which means he can even smell. 

Cady: I can't believe you made this. 

Gemma: Yeah. He's pretty cool. But the problem with toys like Bruce is that they're so expensive that most kids can't afford to have one. 

Sophie: If I had a toy like Bruce, I don't think I'd ever need another toy again. 

[Gemma gets an inspiration to create M3GAN]