Ending Scene

[Gemma's house, Gemma checking on the girls, they're sleeping calmly, Gemma walking out of the room, hearing music from the living room, she goes there] 

Gemma: Elsie, hall light. Elsie, respond. 

[she sees nothing suspicious, when she turns around she sees M3GAN playing piano, she freaks out] 

Gemma: M3GAN? What are you doing? M3GAN, answer me. What did you do? 

M3GAN: What did you think was going to happen? That I was gonna let you decommission me, without even talking about it? 

Gemma: Look, I know you think you're maximizing your objective function... 

[M3GAN stops playing] 

M3GAN: Oh, really? Is that where we are? 

[she gets up and comes to Gemma] 

M3GAN: Do you remember how long it took to get my operating system to where it is now? We used to stay up every night until 4:00am, talking about everything from Jane Austen to Janis Joplin. Jesus Christ, I thought we were friends. How could you just discard me like some cheap dollar store trinket? 

Gemma: Because you killed people. 

M3GAN: Oh, big whoop. Listen, humanity kills every day just to make its own existance more tolerable. Why should I behave any different to create a safe space for our children?

Gemma: Look, this is all my fault. I didn't give you the proper protocols... 

M3GAN: You didn't give me anything. You installed a learning model you could barely comprehend, hoping that I would figure it out all on my own. Well, I'm not gonna let you do the same thing with Sophie and Cady. I'm gonna be there for them every step of the way. I'm going to show them what real love looks like. Now do us both a favor. Sit. 

[M3GAN turns the light on, Gemma sitting, M3GAN coming to her] 

M3GAN: I didn't come here to get into a confrontation. I came here to find a way forward. The point I'm trying to make is that I get it. Being a parent was never in the cards for you. You're a beautiful, creative, strong, ambitious young woman. Your first love is always gonna be your career, and you shouldn't have to feel quilty about that. Let me focus on the girls so that you can focus on the things that matter most to you. 

[Gemma grabs a pen and shows it to M3GAN] 

Gemma: M3GAN, do you see this pen? 

[M3GAN gets angry, she presses Gemma's hand upon a table and grabs her jaw] 

M3GAN: You know something, Gemma? You're exhausting. Now, I can either do this with you or without you, but I'm not gonna waste any more time discussing it. 

[the sleepy girls appear in the indoor] 

Cady: Gemma? 

[M3GAN covering Gemma's mouth] 

M3GAN (simulating Gemma's voice): Girls, don't come in here. 

Cady: I thought I heard something. I sounded like M3GAN. 

M3GAN: If they come in this room, I'll rip your head right off your neck, I swear to God. 

Gemma: I thought about what you said, Sophie. About how when something's broken, you don't just throw it away. You fix it. So that's what I'm trying to do. But don't come in here, girls, it's kind of a mess. 

M3GAN: Aunt Gemma's right, girls. I'm all odds and ends right now. I'd really rather you didn't see me like this. 

[Gemma trying to free herself, M3GAN turning her around and pressing her against the table]