Chapter 9

"Actually babe, I got offered to be a singer under GMMTV", Fourth finally told his boyfriend after they've been in a comfortable silence for a while.

"That's fast."

"What do you mean?"

Pond shifts his position on the couch from laying down on his back to sitting up. They're currently hanging out in Fourth's room after spending the day together. Pond locks his eyes with his little boyfriend.

"It's been a week, I thought they'd reach out as soon as the video goes viral."

"Well they did. I just- been thinking about it for a while..."

Fourth tilts his head a little confused with Pond's response. Why would GMMTV wants to hire him to be a part of the company doesn't sound surprising to Pond? Fourth thought he have nothing. He's not as talented as other artists there, certainly he thought the gap between his talent and Gemini's is as far as the Nile river. Why would he be given such opportunity for such little effort he made compared to Gemini?

"Angel, what do you want to do now that you graduated?", Pond raised a questioning brow.

"I- I don't know yet..."

"Have you ever given a thought of being a singer?"

"For a brief moment I did and I somehow wanted to grasp on the opportunity but..."

"But?"

Fourth let out a sigh before solemnly looking up at Pond.

"You do know that Gemini is in the company too, right? Sooner or later I'd be bumping into him and I wouldn't know how to act."

"Oh. Right.", Pond murmured more to himself, now the hesitation starts to seep in. He was so adamant on supporting Fourth as a singer but to think that it's the same exact company with the guy he didn't even know personally but has been emotionally fighting with, is pretty poignant.

He promised to make Fourth forget about Gemini by replacing their memories with him but unknowingly he's pushing Fourth back into the past. He just made a move but now it feels as if he's taking one step backwards.

Come on, Pond. You can't be this pathetic. Fourth accepted you. Have a little faith will you... He thought to himself.

"So what if Gemini is there? You deserve to be there too. If you want to take this path, you should be in the best entertainment company. And that's there, in GMMTV."

Pond takes Fourth's hand into his, the size difference between their hands are very apparent as he gently runs his thumb over the back of his boyfriend's hand with his signature soothing smile that Fourth has gotten used to see on his handsome face.

"Let's put that guy aside. What's stopping you? Do you want to try this road?"

Fourth let the question sink in his mind. Frankly speaking, since he had made the decision of liking song writing. He thought that maybe he wanted to be a song writer but he's not confident enough to let anyone else sing his compositions and a part of him that's a perfectionist didn't think anyone else could sing it to the right tone that he'd imagine it to be. It's a whole ordeal.

Thus, if GMMTV would let him compose and sing his own songs he'd accept the offer in a heartbeat. But going back to Pond's question, putting Gemini aside, would he accept it?

He would and he will.

"Nothing should stop me. I need to try.", he squeezes Pond's hand slightly with a determined smile plastered on his face.

"That's my angel. Now what are you waiting for? Email them back."

.................................................