Chapter 19

Fourth's POV

"How is he now, doctor?", I jumps up from my seat right away as soon as the doctor comes out of the operating room.

"Are you the patient's family member?"

"No, I-", it somewhat got stucked in my throat, the fact that I have no relations to him, not anymore, not even as friends. We're merely coworkers at the moment.

An assuring hand appears on my shoulder, tapping it gently.

"His parents is out of the country and his closest relatives lives 2 hours away from here. I'm his manager, technically his legal guardian at the moment. So how is he?", Mae Yui whom I just got introduced to last week asked. GMMTV has assigned her to be both of our manager to manage us as a couple.

"I see. The patient is stabilised now. We gave him stitches for his leg injury but he might not be able to walk for a really long period of time until the wound heal from within. The fall has caused him to also have a mild concussion but he should be awake soon after the medicine wear off."

Mae Yui nodded her head calmly.

"We need his relative's approval to move him into the warded bed. But in this case we need your signature then we're good to go.", the doctor explained.

"Alright. You wait here na Nong Fourth. I'll come back after the paperwork is settled.", Mae Yui motions me to sit back on the bench that I previously waited on.

I nod my head before slumping down onto the bench. Only then I realised that the ends of my jeans were soaked with Gemini's blood that probably got absorbed when I was using my thigh to support his head.

It's a horrifying sight honestly but I can't leave Gemini right now to go home and change. I need to see him first with my own two eyes.

"Fourth... Hey....", the familiar voice made me look up towards the source.

"Phi... Are you okay? I- I'm sorry.", yet again I shoot up from my seat in urgency, panic and guilt.

In the midst of everything, I forgot about Pond. I didn't even check if he was injured or okay during the incident. All I could think about was to get to Gemini, to get him safe to the point of forcing my way into the ambulance.

Now the guilt of leaving without caring about the person I should prioritise first is eating me alive.

"I'm okay. Don't worry. Here, I went to your house to get you a change of clothes. Figured you'd need it.", he hands me a black paper bag with my clothes in it.

I find that the tone he used was peculiar. He didn't sound like usual or was it all in my head?

"Thank you. I'm glad that you're okay but I'm still sorr-"

"Let's just talk later. I'm going now.", he turns his back on me and starts to walk away after cutting me off.

For sure something is wrong and I knew one of the cause is probably because of my lack of care towards my own boyfriend.

"P'Pond wait! I'm sorry I really am. I didn't mean to, it was too hectic with everything.", I tried to reason.

"It can never be me, right? It'll always be him.", Pond asked with his back still facing me.

"Phi... I- I'm.... Haaa...", a heavy sigh leaving my mouth uninvited. It was an easy answer, it's a no. I picked P'Pond. I choose him I've choosen him. So why is it so hard for me to respond to him.

"Goodbye, Fourth.", with that he left out the door of the waiting area of the hospital.

I was going to go after him but Mae Yui finally comes back. She told me that they're moving Gemini and we can now go wait in his private hospital's room.