Chapter 23

Third Person's POV

After the talk ended, they made their own way separated from one another. Fourth still couldn't brush off the feeling of guilt and hatred he had gathered towards himself.

He was given everything but he gave back nothing, not to Pond not to Gemini not to anyone around him. A sense of not being capable of anything is engulfing him yet again.

No matter how much he tried it will end up with him being in a self loathing state at the end of the day. The question of what he's made for will always be replaying in his mind like a broken record.

What exactly is he made for?

Fourth didn't take his car so he opted in ordering Grab Car to go back home but he decided against it for now. He wants to take a walk around the unfamiliar neighbourhood, just strolling around aimlessly so he could gather his thoughts.

There's barely anyone around for the most part thus why Fourth didn't really pay attention if someone would recognise him as he is one of the rising celebrity in Thailand currently.

He arrived at a very peaceful looking lake at the heart of the neighbourhood where he decided the green grass is going to be his seat. The overcast day making it seems more calm than ever before suddenly a sweet little voice disturbed him from his trance.

"Would you like to buy a rose?", a kid who looks awfully a lot like how he used to be offered him with the widest smile he has ever seen.

At first Fourth was reluctant since he didn't know what he would do with the flower afterwards but still reaches for his wallet in his back pocket.

"Uhmm yeah sure, how much is it?"

"It's 70 baht each!", the little boy said excitedly, seeing that he's going to score his first sale for the day.

"How many do you have?", Fourth added.

"I have 9 roses. If you get all it could symbolise an eternal love for someone you want to spend the rest of your life with, that's what my mother said. Just like how I want to get married to my bestfriend.", the kid said enthusiastically with a tinge of pink adoring his chubby cheeks.

"Is that so? Why do you want to get married to your bestfriend?", impressed and entertained by the little kid, Fourth can't help but ask.

"Because Addy is the cutest boy in this town! He's so small and his skin is so pale like a pearl. A beautiful pearl that I want to take care of. Plus my mother also said that you should marry someone who makes you feel comfortable. Someone who makes everyone else disappears when you're with them. That's why I'm going to make it my purpose in life to marry Addy so I can be with him forever.", the bright smile never leaving his face as he explained to Fourth.

"You're just a kid yet you knows what you want, huh. Even I can't figure out my life yet.", the rising artist reaches out to pat the boy's head before giving him a ฿1000 bill. "I'll take all 9, you can keep the change."

"Woah! Thank you, phi! I can go buy candies for Addy with the extra money. He'll love it so much.", he jumps up and down after he gave the roses to Fourth making the older chuckle amusedly at the little kid's behaviour.

"You're welcome. Have fun with Addy."

The boy nods his head happily but before he takes his leave he didn't forget to thank Fourth again before adding,

"My mom said it's okay if you don't know what to do with your life as long as you have someone who loves you by your side, that's more than enough."

With that the boy left Fourth alone with a bunch of roses in his hand.