Chapter 4 - You love Will, not me.

Mikes POV

"Do-.. Do you love me?" Eleven asked me hesitantly.

"I- What? Of course I do!" I scoff and she just looks down at me.

"Mike, I don't remember the last time you said you loved me. In fact, I can't even remember you ever telling me you love me!" Eleven teared up, looking at the floor.

"I- What!? This is so unfair of course I do!" I try to defend myself.

"Then say it." She whispers, a tear falling down her cheek.

"I- I uh.. say what?" I mumble and she just sighs.

"That you love me!" She yells at me.

I just stay silent.

"See, you can't even say it Mike." She starts crying.

"I-I don't know what you want me to do." I look down.

"I think we should break up." Eleven tells me.

"What!?" I look up at her again.

"Mike. We should just be friends because I don't think you love me anymore.."

"I'm sorry.." I whisper, feeling guilty.

She just wipes her eyes and looks away from me.

I stand up and hug her, and she instantly hugs me back and just starts bawling.

"I'm really sorry, El.. I-I didn't want to hurt you." I whisper, sitting us both down on her bed, and she leans her head into my chest, still sobbing.

"I-Its okay.." She mumbles, still crying.

I rub her back as a way to soothe her, hoping it will help.

After about five minutes she manages to calm herself down, and she pulls away from me.

"Sorry about your shirt.." She frowns and I smile.

"Don't worry about it, go back to the others and I will be out in a minute, okay?" I tell her gently and she nods, walking out.

I sigh as the guilt hits me, and all I can hear is her sobs. She sounded heartbroken. I feel horrible.

I just made her cry like that all because I couldn't say three stupid words. I don't get why I can't say them.

Maybe I don't love her after all..

I hear a thump from Wills room and I run into his room, afraid that something might've happened to him.

I look over at him and he's crying, just lay on his bed. He hasn't noticed me at the door and I just hear these gentle, quiet sobs filling the room.

Why is everyone crying today??

I sigh, and he looks over at me.

"O-Oh hey.." He tries to smile while wiping his tears away from his face.

"What's wrong?" I ask him softly.

He looks down, his eyes welling with tears again and he just let's out a shakey sigh.

"Everything." He whispers to me and my heart shatters.

"Why, what is it that's bothering you?" I ask him, moving closer and wrapping an arm around him.

"I just feel so alone.. Jonathan is never home because he is always with nancy and he will be going to collage soon, a-and my mum is always working and now she's on a month long business trip! And I never really talk to el or any of our f-friends because I-" He cuts himself off as he starts crying.

"Because you what?" I feel panic rise in me. What's wrong with my best friend?

"I-I Don't know.. I just feel,  disconnected from everybody." He sobs and I sigh.

"Will, I'll always be here for you, you know that right?" I tell him and he just nods.

I remember how I calmed El down before, so I pull Will into a hug and he instantly laches onto me.

I feel his whole body shake, and I can hear him sobbing.

I rub his back with my hand, my other hand holding one of his.

"It'll be okay, don't worry.." I whisper, rocking him backwards and forwards gently.

I learnt this trick from my mum when I was little, she would always do this for me when I was upset and it always calmed me down.

He calmed down after about 5 minutes and I hear his breathing regulate.

"Do you feel any better?" I ask him softly, and he nods slightly.

"Do you want to see the rest of the party?" I look down at him, moving his hair out of his eyes.

"I-In a minute.." He tells me and I nod.

"That's okay.. Do you want me to stay or would you like some time alone?" I ask him and he looks up at me.

"Can I have some time alone.. P-Please?" He whispers and I smile at him.

"Of course, we will all be in the living room, probably watching TV." I tell him and he leans away from me, letting me get up.

I leave the room, wanting to give him space and I hear chatter coming from the living room.

I walk in and see everybody sat down playing Monopoly.

"Hey! Wheeler come sit with us!" Dustin grins and eleven pats a spot next to her, and I sit down next to her.

I don't say anything, just sit and watch the game. I glance periodically at Will's door, hoping he will come out and sit with us.

I hope he's okay..

{Word Count: 879}