Chapter 18 - The apology

3rd Person

"So.." Mike started, trying to think of what to say.

"I, uhm, I'm sorry." He looked down at the floor, unable to look at Will's pale face.

"I should have noticed something was wrong. You're my best friend, a-and I should have been there for you." Mike began to tear up, trying to move his eyes anywhere but Will

"I'm really sorry that I never noticed. If I had known about.. everything.. I wouldn't have let you go on like that." Mike went silent for a few minutes, before getting up and heading to the door.

He was about to leave, when he saw his friends sat down in the waiting room.

"Tell him what?"

"That I love him."

Mike shut the door and sat back down next to Will.

"I know you Will probably never ever hear this but Will, before you are seriously gone I need to tell you something." Mike held Will's hand, trying to warm it up.

"I love you. I love you so so much. I'm sorry I never told you, because I should've. You are the most important person in the world, a-and I can't believe that you're.. leaving me." Mike tried not to cry, using his free hand to wipe his tears.

"And I'm sorry that I've been such an asshole to you, Will. That was just me dealing with my own shit, and I never should've been rude to you, or ignored you, or anything!" Mike felt Will's hand warm up, but he didn't think anything of it and just kept his eyes glued to the floor.

"I know that.. you're going. And I just felt like I needed to tell you. I'm sorry, Will. If I could've been your boyfriend, I would. But I can't." Mike was trying to find a box of tissues because of the amount of tears streaming down his face.

"This is so stupid. He's never gonna hear this anyway." Mike muttered, getting up to leave.

He loosened his grip on Will's hand, but their hands stayed connected.

He looked up and saw Will's eyes barely open, and his mouth in a small smile.

"H-Holy shit.." Mike whispered, his mouth open slightly.

"Oh my god Will!" Mike began to sob, wrapping Will in a tight hug.

"I thought I lost you." Mike sobbed into Will's chest.

"It's okay, I'm here." Will spoke in a raspy voice.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry Will." Mike lifted his head away from Will  wanting to see his face.

"It's okay, Mike. I'm okay." Will whispered, not able to bring his voice any louder then it already was.

"I can't believe you're okay." Mike whispered, placing his hand on Will's cheek to make sure he hasn't made this all up.

Will brought his hand up and placed it on top of Mike's, his hand shaking.

"I'd never leave you, Mike." Will smiled at him, making Mike cry even more.

"I'm so fucking sorry." Mike sobbed, and Will's heart broke.

"Mike, it's not your fault." Will told him, frowning slightly.

"I-If I bad noticed everything that was going on, y-you might not have.." Mike trailed off, not even being able to say it.

"Mike. I'm okay." Will whispered, and Mike nodded.

"D-Did you hear what I said.?" Mike asked him, not sure whether he wanted him to hear or not.

"Parts." Will smiled, his cheeks going red.

"Did you hear my.. confession.?" Mike blushed.

"Mike." Will made direct eye contact with Mike.

"Yeah?"

"I love you too."

sorry about how bloody short this is I just like idk i hope you liked it

{Word Count: 612}