Chapter 6 - Buying and Burying

Wills POV

I have finally made it, so I knock on the door.

A man, much taller then me, opens the door.

"Back again, are we?" He grins at me and I roll my eyes.

"You know I'm only doing this to pay off your debt." I spit at him, and he chuckles before placing down a big bag of alcohol.

"Is it all real?" I ask him, not sure whether to trust him.

"Yes. Now do you want the fucking alcohol or not." He spat back, getting closer to me.

"Fucking hell your a mess." Snickers at me, looking me up and down and giving my chest a light punch.

I look down, just wanting to grab the alcohol and leave.

"Just tell me how much money you need for these." I demand, and he chuckles.

"I see you've gotten my gene. Son." Lonnie chuckled at me, and I tear up.

"How. Much." I grit my teeth and he just looks at the bag.

"150." He grins, thinking I won't have enough.

I slam 150 into his hand and grab the bag.

"Fuck you Lonnie." I spit, walking away and I hear him laugh.

"I'll remember that the next time you want more vodka!" I hear him chuckle to himself.

I keep walking down the street, until I feel my head start to ache.

I subconsciously reach for a bottle, and I take off the cap, and look down at it.

(i have no fucking clue what
vodka comes in. DON'T MAKE
FUN OF ME OKAY)

I drink some, feeling a familiar burn in my throat, and I sit down on a nearby bench.

I cough a bit, but keep drinking. I guzzle down about a quarter of the bottle.

I grin as I feel the familiar feeling of warmth fog my mind. I shove the bottle back in the bag and chuckle to myself, feeling at peace.

I stumble up off the rock, my legs feeling weak. I start walking home, and remember that everyone is there.

I sit down outside my house, wondering what to do.

I am sat on the porch when I hear the door open.

"Yeah we will go and grab our stuff now!!" A girl yells.

I feel someone bumps into my back and I look up to see max.

"Oh hey Byers, we are just going to get some stuff from our houses since we want to sleep over!" She smiled at me, and no matter how wasted I am max can always make me smile.

"That's fine, I'll keep the door open for you." I smile softly at her, and she sticks her thumb up and then waves as she cycles off to her house.

I wave at her, as the others leave as well.

I walk inside, thinking only eleven will be there and I can go and put these back in my room, but I walk in to see Mike searching for something.

"Uhm.." I cough, and his head springs up.

"Oh! Hey.. Haha how are you feeling?" Mike laughs awkwardly.

"Uh I need to get changed so can you get out for a minute..?" I try to get him out of my room.

"Yeah yeah of course, sorry." He grins apologetically.

"It's fine.." I smile weakly at him.

He leaves my room and shuts the door, so I start to hide all of the bottles. I put them all inside of a fairly large shoe box, before sliding that into a drawer in my wardrobe. Nobody would suspect anything.

I decided to to just get changes into my pyjamas since everybody is sleeping round anyway.

I pull out a random pair and pull them off, throwing my clothes into the corner of my room.

I sit down on my bed and hear a few knocks on the door.

"Come in." I tell them, and Mike opens the door.

"Hey.. Sorry about being in your room earlier I dropped some money and I was trying to look for it." He told me, but I could tell he was lying.

Why is he lying?

"Oh. Right. That's fine don't worry." I tell him, and he sighs.

"Will.. Are you okay?" He asks me.

"What.?" I look up at him.

"Are you okay?" He repeats, and I just stare at him, unable to get any words out.

"I-.. Wh-Why wouldn't I be..?" I try, but I do not sound convincing.

"Well I mean what you told me the other day.. I just wanted to check up on you, y'know?" Mike smiled at me softly.

"Oh, oh yeah right. I forgot I told you that, haha!" I giggle, trying to defuse the awkwardness in the room.

"Uh.. Okay you're actually really weird." Mike looks at me, his eyes filled with concern.

"Ohhh I'm not." I smile a wobbly smile at him, the alcohol kicking in.

"No you are." He deadpans.

"Oops! Lets go and have fun!!" I grin, getting up and stumbling out the door.

I feel Mikes eyes burning into the back of my head but I ignore it and go straight to the living room and flop down on a couch.

"What are we doing tonight?" I grin at Mike who had followed me out of my room.

"Uh I'm not sure? Probably a movie, some silly games and another movie like usual." Mike shrugged, moving my legs and sitting down at the end of the couch I'm on.

"Heyyyy I was comfy!" I whine, throwing my legs ontop of his chest.

"Eww get off of me!" He grins, throwing my legs back off the couch.

We continue to do that for a few minutes before he gives up, and just starts laughing uncontrollably.

I start to laugh as well, enjoying his company.

I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.

{Word Count: 976}