Chapter 7 - The Sleepover

3rd Person

Everybody started to make their way into the Byers home, and eventually all the party was spread out across the living room.

Will was quite tipsy already, but nobody had suspected anything major.

Max and Dustin were arguing about what movie they should watch, Lucas and El where trying to figure out where the popcorn is and Mike and Will were just sat down together.

"Are you okay, like seriously?" Mike looked over at the smaller boy.

"Uhhhh yeah?" Will sassed, making Mike roll his eyes.

"Seriously. Will come on I know something is wrong." Mike frowned at him, which made Will begin to feel guilty.

"I- Nothing is wrong." He mumbled, turning away from Mike.

Mike grabbed Will's hand gently, which made Will turn right back around.

"Will. Talk to me, please. I'm right here!" Mike pleaded, and Will began to tear up.

"I'm fine." He fake smiled, which made Mike sigh and turn back around.

Will's sat up, now instead of laying down on the couch he was sat the same way Mike was.

One of his legs were beginning to bounce, and he was starting to pick at the skin around his nails.

The alcohol wasn't doing much anymore, he needed more. More than he had thought.

What he hadn't realised was Mike was examining him the entire time, picking up the small movements he was making.

Mike was becoming extremely worried for his best friend, there was clearly something wrong, other than what he was already told, and he really wanted to know what.

Will felt eyes burning into his head so he turned around to look, and caught Mike staring. He was still a bit drunk at this point so he winked at Mike, who blushed profusely.

What the fuck was that!? Why is it gotten so hot in here?? - Mike panicked, wafting his shirt about trying to cool down.

Will giggled at the reaction Mike had, which only caused the taller boy to go even more red.

"Shut up!" Mike whispered to Will, playfully rolled his eyes.

"Make me." Will grinned, feeling confident.

Mike's jaw dropped and his entire face was now beetroot red.

"That's what I thought." Will smirked slyly, sticking his tongue out.

Mike scoffed and turned around again, trying to make his face less red.

Fuck why is he making me feel like this?? Im not gay. That's weird.. Right? - Mike told himself.

"I'm bored." Max's voice cut Mike's thoughts off.

"Uhh okay what do you want to do?" Eleven asked her.

"Hmm I'm not sure.." Max spoke, obviously thinking.

"We should play DnD!" Dustin grinned, and Will's head instantly shot up.

"No that's boring!" Mike whined, and in an instant Will's face completely dropped.

He looked down and decided to just let everyone else pick what they're doing.

"I'm gonna g-go and get something from my room.. I'll be a minute." Will whispered to Mike, who nodded.

Will stumbled over to his room and shut the door behind him, going to grab his flask.

He picked it up and took a big gulp out of it, letting the feeling of his throat burning fill his mind.

Eventually the burning stopped and the familiar numbness kicked in, which calmed him down a bit.

Somebody burst into the room causing Will to jump.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." Mike chuckled, seeing Will clutching the flask in his hand.

"Whats that?" He pointed to the flask.

"Nothing. What's wrong?" Will slammed the flask down onto the dresser, causing a loud thump.

"Uh.. Just wanted to come and tell you that we decided to go to bed since its getting quite late." Mike eyebrows furrowed and his eyes narrowed as he walked over to Will.

"O-Oh okay.." Will spoke quietly, his grip on the flask tightening.

"I'm not gonna hurt you." Mike chuckled, causing Will go loosen his hand.

"Come and sleep, it's quite late." Mike grabbed Will's free hand, dragging him out of the smaller boy's bedroom.

"Mikeeeee I'm not even tired." Will grinned.

"I don't care you need to sleep." Mike chuckled, continuing to walk.

"Let's do something fun!" Will smirked, biting his lip.

Mike froze and he heard Will giggling.

"What do you mean by 'fun'..?" Mike asked Will, feeling his face start to burn.

"I don't know.. What do you think I mean?" Will's words were starting to slur, which Mike began to notice.

He's acting drunk again.. There's definitely something wrong. - Mike told himself.

"Will, your being silly come on, let's go to bed." Mike sighed, continuing to drag Will to the couch.

"Mike I don't want to go to bed!" Will scoffed, trying to squirm out of Mike's grip.

"I don't care, I think you need a good night's sleep anyway." Mike looked at Will's eyebags, which made the smaller boy feel slightly insecure.

"Oh.. Okay." He mumbled, letting Mike drag him to bed.

Mike got Will a blanket for the couch and put it over the now half-asleep boy.

"Mike.." Will whispered, looking up at the taller boy, before closing his eyes and going to sleep.

Mike sighed, and turned off the light, going to sleep on the floor.

{Word Count: 907}

YALL IM SORRY ABOUT HOW RUSHED THIS CHAPTER IS 😭
BUT PLEASE SOMEBODY READ MY OTHER STORY 'TWELVE' I FINALLY FINISHED IT AND IT'S MY FAVORITE OUT OF ALL OF MY BOOKS SO PLEASE READ IT 🙏