Chapter 8 - Emotions

I've decided to change the story so that the upside down stuff did happen, but they have defeated all of the monsters already and they aren't coming back because the gates closed :))

3rd Person

Will woke up to small chatter from around him, and his head was absolutely banging.

"G'morning.." Will whispered which made Mike turn around.

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" He spoke carefully, which made Will frown slightly.

"I'm good." Will responded shortly, leaving Mike confused.

"Are you sure.?" Mike looked down at the boy next to him.

"Mhm." Will hummed, turning away while crossing his arms.

Okay something is wrong. - Mike thought to himself.

"Can you come into your room with me for a minute?" Mike asked him.

Will nodded reluctantly, so Mike grabbed his hand and dragged him to his bedroom.

Will sat down on the bed, and Mike closed the door and turned back to Will.

"Will, please be honest with me when I ask you this, what is bothering you?' Mike frowned, his face full of worry.

"I'm fine." Will muttered, his head starting to ache.

"Why are you lying to me!? Will please just tell me the truth.." Mike pleaded, only making Will feel more upset.

"Everybody is bothering me! Everybody has to walk on egg shells around me because they're scares I'm going to break! Like I can't handle things on my own! And it's not fair, Mike. I want people to treat me normally but nobody does. I used to think you would never but here we are." Will fired, only getting more upset by the second.

Mike just stood there, his mouth slightly open and his face painted with shock.

Will sank back into his bed, feeling his lips tremble.

Don't cry in front of Mike. That's so embarrassing. He already pitys me enough. - Will tried to tell himself, but he could feel the tears forming.

"Will.. I-I didn't know you felt like that." Mike sounded guilty, which made Will feel worse.

Will lay down on his bed and turned away from Mike, feeling the tears start to stream down his face.

"Just go b-back to El and do whatever with h-her. Leave me alone." Will stuttered, making Mike sigh.

"Okay.." Mike gave in, turning to leave the room.

He was about to leave when he heard a small sob from behind him, and he turned around to see Will's entire body shaking.

"Will.." He whispered, moving closer to the bed.

"Mike just g-go away!" Will cried, not able to hide the fact that he was crying anymore.

"Will you know that I care about you, right? I'm not walking on egg shells, nobody is! We just want to make sure your okay. I'm your best friend, of course I care about you." Mike smiled down at Will, who had turned around to face him.

"Y-You aren't just pittying me.. Right?" Will looked unconvinced.

"Of course not, Will you are the most important person in the world. I never want to see you upset." Mike frowned, holding Will's hand.

Will blushed, turning his head away. He wiped his tears with his sleve and looked back at Mike.

"I-Im sorry." Will sighed.

"Why are you apologizing? Will nothing that's happened is your fault." Mike reassured him, but Will just shook his head.

"I yelled at you." Will muttered, which made Mike frown.

"It's okay, you were upset. It's not your fault." Mike used his thumb to rub the back of Will's hand.

Will just looked down, not believing Mike.

"Will, it's okay." Mike confirmed.

"Are you sure?" Will asked Mike, who nodded ferociously.

Will chuckled slightly which made Mike smile.

"I missed that." Mike whispered.

"Missed what?" Will raised an eyebrow.

"Your laugh." Mike smiled.

Will blushed even more, turning his face around and smiling like an idiot.

"Did I make you nervous Byers?" Mike grinned, poking Will.

"Stop Mike!!" Will giggled.

Mike started to tickle him, causing Will to giggle uncontrollably.

"I can't breathe!!" Will got out between fits of giggles.

"I need the magic word!" Mike grinned, tickling Will's neck.

"Please! Stop!" Will pleaded, not being able to stop laughing.

Mike finally let go of Will, letting the smaller boy breathe for a bit.

Will was still panting and laughing a bit, and Mike just sat there admiring him. He couldn't remember the last time he saw Will this happy.

"Will?" Mike spoke.

"Yeah?" Will smiles softly.

"Are-.. I don't know. Nevermind." Mike mumbled.

"No, no it's okay. What's up?" Will urged Mike to carry on.

"Are we okay.?" Mike asked, looking Will directly in the eyes.

"Yeah? Yeah of course!" Will nodded, not understanding why he was asking.

"Sorry I know I sound stupid." Mike scoffed at himself.

"No, it's okay. I wanted to ask the same thing." Will smiled slightly, making Mike smile too.

"Yeah?" Mike grinned.

"Yeah." Will smiled back at him.

A little filler chapter for you‼️

{Word Count: 833}