Chapter 5 - Panic

Wills POV

I watch as Mike leaves my room, and I regret telling him to leave. I'm glad we are talking again, I've missed him.

My head startes to ache from all of the crying and I immediately reach under my bed, my hand searching for a bottle.

I find a bottle and lift it up, looking at the clear liquid inside of it.

I open the bottle, and take a few sips, it burning my throat. I cough a bit, before my mind starts to go numb.

I sink back onto my bed, enjoying the feeling of a mental hug. It makes me feel cozy, loved.

I take a few more sips before putting the cap back on, and sliding it back under my bed. I take a piece of gum from my bedside table and put it in my mouth to mask the smell of the vodka.

I got up, my head now not as sore as before, and stumbled out of my bedroom to see the party watching a movie.

I walk over to them with wobbly steps, and they all look up at me.

"Hey Byers! How are you feeling?" Dustin smiled at me, and my ears just rung.

"W-What?" I squint my eyes at him, trying to remember what he just said.

"Do you feel okay?" He looked at me concerned.

"Oh. Oh! Yeah yeah I feel great." I lie, hoping they won't catch on.

I look around and see Max eyeing me, I think she suspects something. I move my eyes across the room again and see Mike looking at me the same way.

They can't know. They don't know.

I try to convince myself, but it doesn't seem to be helping.

I sit down next to Mike, my hands shaking. He looks up at me, and he holds my hand.

I see him smile softly at me and I feel my knees go weak. He squeezes my hand and I smile back at him.

He looks back at the TV and I just focus on him. He looks so pretty and I don't understand how.. I mean, I didn't think it was even possible for a human to be that beautiful but here he is, in the flesh.

"Is there something on my face..?" Mike looks confused.

"No.. No sorry." I look down, embarrassed.

I see his confused face from the corner of my eye but I try and ignore it, focusing on the TV.

What would happen if I just.. gave up? Would anybody miss me? I don't think they would..

I try and shake the thought out of my head but it keeps coming back. I shift uncomfortably in my seat,

I start picking at my nails and my leg starts to bounce as I start to feel a horrible feeling.

Nobody would miss me.

I try to focus on the TV but my eyes won't focus on it, instead I can just hear it but I can't see it.

My ears start to ring and I feel the urge to drink again, and I start to panic.

Not now. Not when they are all here.

I shift again in my seat, my leg bouncing even more then before, and I try to distract myself from everything.

I try to focus on Mike, the only person who can make me happy lately.

I look over at him and he's already looking at me, concern evident all over his face.

He grabs my hand and looks at me.

"What's wrong?" He whispers, looking down at my shaking leg and trembling hands.

"N-Nothing." I try to smile at him, and he sighs and looks away.

I think I upset him, I don't know how. But I definitely did.

"I'm gonna go and grab.. something." I tell them, barely above a whisper and only Max and Mike look at me.

I get up and take a few wobbly steps to my bedroom, and I just collapse on my bed.

My hand automatically reaches under my bed, searching for the box. The box with all of my alcohol.

My hand finds it and picks up a bottle, but it's empty. I search for another, but it's empty.

I panic and get off of my bed, and pull the box out from underneath my bed.

I dig through it, trying to find anything to drink, but their all empty.

"Didn't I buy some like today?" I whisper to myself, confused.

"No no no I can't have run out.." I panic even more, frantically searching around my room.

I push the box back under my bed, and start searching every single place a bottle might be.

I feel myself tear up as I can't find any, I need them.

I stop searching when I realise I don't have any left and I just sink down onto my bed.

I realise what I need to do, so I open my door softly, and quickly sneak into El's room, and start searching for money.

I know I shouldn't, I know what I'm doing is bad, but I need to.

I look in her bedside cabinet and find £200 and grab it, before putting on my shoes and going to the front door.

"Where are you going?" Mike must've heard me scrambling around.

"J-Just to the shop." I smile a forced smile at him, and his eyes narrow.

"Okay.. Well we are all gonna sleep over again tonight so if you feel better then you should join us." Mike told me, and I debate it.

"I-I'll see." I smile, before quickly going out the door and shutting it behind me.

I decided to walk since where I'm going isn't actually that far away, and I should only be there a few minutes.

I start walking, wondering whether there will even be alcohol for me to buy there.

Please have some. Please. I'm not going back to the other place.

{Word Count 996}