Chapter 22 - Almost Out

3rd Person

"Bye!" Everyone waved at the pair sat down on the bed, and they all left the room.

"Are you going to sleep?" Mike asked Will once they had all left.

"Yeah, I didn't think I'd be so tired." Will smiled softly.

"I didn't think you'd have this much energy." Mike smiled back, and Will chuckled.

"Whatever, goodnight." Will tried to get comfortable, but the bed was not comfy at all.

Mike closed his eyes and rested his head on the back of the chair, feeling sleepy himself.

Mike was about to fall asleep, when he heard a small huff from Will.

"What's wrong, love?" Mike opened his eyes slightly.

"This stupid bed is so uncomfortable." Will grunted, shifting about.

"You want me to sleep up there with you?" Mike asked him.

"..Please?" Will blushed slightly, and Mike laughed quietly.

He got up and lay down next to Will, letting the smaller boy rest his head on Mike's chest.

"I love you." Will whispered.

"I love you too, now go to sleep." Mike kissed the top of Will's head, and Will nodded softly.

They both fell asleep fairly quickly, each other being there gave them some comfort.

(In the morning)

Mike woke up to see Will fast asleep on his chest, and he smiled slightly.

He kissed the top of Will's head, which made Will shift his head up to face Mike.

"G'morning." Mike whispered, still half asleep.

"Morning." Will smiled softly, loving Mike's morning voice.

"How did you sleep?" Mike asked Will.

"Could've been better." Will joked, and Mike let out a small laugh.

"It's okay, tonight you can sleep in your own bed. Although I should probably tidy the floor." Mike remembered, sighing.

"It's okay, I'll do it." Will gave Mike's cheek a small kiss, and Mike smiled.

"I still can't believe this is real." Mike whispered.

"Me neither." Will dug his head into Mike's chest, and Mike chuckled.

"Your so pretty when you wake up." Mike told him, and Will's cheeks went red.

"You keep telling me I look pretty! Stop it!" Will whined, feeling embarrassed.

"That's because you are!" Mike grinned, and Will huffed.

"Okay whatever." Will tried to go back to sleep but somebody came in the room.

They were about to move when they saw it was Joyce, and they stayed where they were.

"Good morning!" She smiled at them both, her face glowing.

"Good morning." Will smiled back.

"The doctors are going to come in and do one more final check and then you're free to leave!" Joyce told her son.

"Seriously?" Will beamed, sitting up abruptly.

"Yes! I will go and call your friends and they will all be waiting out there whenever you are let out." Joyce told him.

"Thank you, love you!" Will grinned, waving to Joyce as she left.

Mike smiled seeing how happy Will was, and Will turned around to see Mike.

"I'm so excited to go home!" Will beamed, giving Mike a big hug.

Mike laughed and wrapped his arm around Will.

"I'm glad you get to come home!" Mike smiled at Will who was over the moon.

"Can you go and see when our friends are coming?" Will asked Mike, and Mike chuckled and nodded.

"I'll go and see, don't miss me too much!" Mike got up and gave Will a small kiss on the forehead.

"I won't." Will giggled, sticking his tongue out.

"Rude!" Mike pretended to be offended, and left the room.

He could hear Will laughing and he smiled to himself and went over to Joyce.

"Mike! Do you know your friends numbers?" Joyce asked him, and Mike nodded.

"I'll call them now." Mike told Joyce.

"Thank you sweetheart, I need to go and pick someone up anyway!" She smiled, and gave him a small hug.

Mike laughed and gave her a thumbs up, and she left the hospital.

Mike began to dile his friends numbers into the phone, and the first person was Lucas.

"Hey it's Lucas, who is this?" His voice came through the phone.

"It's Mike, Will gets let out in about half an hour and he's really excited so can you come to the hospital to come and see him?" Mike asked him, and he heard a voice from the other side but he couldn't make out what they had said.

"Yeah sure! Me and Max will be over in about 10 minutes." Lucas told Mike, who let out a sigh of relief.

"Okay! I need to call Dustin and El so bye!" Mike smiled, forgetting Lucas couldn't see him.

"Bye!" Lucas spoke, and Mike hung up.

He entered Dustins phone number into the phone, and let it ring.

Ring Ring

"Hello this is Dustin Henderson speaking."  Dustins voice came through the phone.

"Dustin! Can you come to the hospital? Will gets let out in about half an hour and he's really excited and he wants us all to hang out and be with him!" Mike asked Dustin, and he heard him shout to his mum.

After about a minute Dustins voice was back.

"Sure! My mum Will drop me off, I'll be there in 5!" Dustin told Mike, who grinned.

"Okay! I need to call El so I'll see you soon." Mike told Dustin, who said a small goodbye.

Mike hung up and dialed in Elevens number, and it rung a few times.

Ring Ring

Ring Ring

Ring Ring

"Come on.." Mike muttered.

Ring Ring

"Hi it is Eleven!" Eleven spoke, and Mike grinned.

"Hi! It's Mike, Will is going to be let out of the hospital in about half an hour and he really wants us all to be at the hospital with him, can you come over?" Mike asked El, hoping she'd say yes.

"Yes! I be there soon!" She told him.

"Okay! I need to go and see him, Bye!" Mike told her, and hung up quickly.

Mike sat down in the waiting room, knowing the doctors had to remove the tubes coming from Will's arms and do a final checkup.

He heard the doors to the hospital open, and Joyce and Jonathan were stood there.

Jonathan walked over to the front desk and asked the lady when Will would be out, and he heard a faint answer but couldn't make out what it was.

"But why is he in the hospital?" He heard Jonathan ask, and he saw Joyce's face drop.

"Uh.. I think Will should tell you." Joyce looked away.

"Was it those stupid bullies again?" Jonathan's voice raised.

"What? No, no. Something else." Joyce told him.

"Just tell me!" Jonathan pleaded.

"Hes an alcoholic."

{Word Count: 1106}