Chapter 10: Two Broken Heart

"So it's not gonna be easy. It's going to be really hard; we're gonna have to work at this everyday, but I want to do that because I want you. I want all of you, forever, everyday. You and me... everyday." ― Nicholas Sparks

(Unedited)

Lauren's POV

I settled myself back on the armchair before I dropped on the floor. My whole body was trembling with random emotions. It's consuming me. I felt like my inside was dying.

Why Zandros? Why did you kissed me back and gave me so much hope that in the end you took it away. In a harsh way. You took half of me. More than losing my Mom and Dad.

You handled yourself well for a half year Lauren. You can do it again!

I blink back the tears that's prickling under my eyelid and I stood up, thinking to go back inside the hall.

I need more booze tonight. Maybe drowning myself with alcohol would do the trick, making me forget about him. And all what happened.

---
Zandros' POV

"Yeah, Mario is a nice guy. I guess we both found our destiny.." Her words was ringing like a broken disk in my head replaying it incessantly. When she drop the last words, I felt my world and hopes, collapse and would never be restored. She looks determined and the twinkle in her eyes when she mentioned that guy made my heart bleed. That gnawing pain in my heart, was all I could feel.

I love her. I was so tempted to tell it, but I know it wouldn't matter anymore. She already found him.

I had to be happy for her, at least for the sake of my family and her parents, and may they rest in peace. Even if it hurt. Now at least we had a good closure. The guilty feeling I felt of leaving that day was finally pulled out of my chest and now I could try to live just the way my I live my life before.

I walked back into the hall and saw Ashley. She was talking to Mario. Looks like she's really pushing her luck tonight. Instead of interrupting them, I decided to walk to the bar and drowned myself with alcohol.

When I glance once more to Ashley's direction, she raise her glass and I just nod.

---
Ashley's POV

I watched him walk to the bar. He looks so solemn and I kinda have idea why. I saw him following her outside the hall. He may not tell me, but I knew those kind of look.

People call him the heartless and shrewed businessman but I knew when I first met him that he is not. If ever I met him first before Mario, I would surely fall in love with him. He is every girl's dream. But my heart belongs to this aloof Mario. I've been hinting him that I like him, but he seems not getting it. I'm getting so annoyed. I have never done this before with any other guy. I know, I'm not ugly or I wouldn't land in vogue. I have lots of suitors, influential guys but I want him. God, he is so dense. Can't he sees it that I like him? I'm almost throwing myself on him.

"So are you dating anyone Mario?" I batted my eyelashes as I stared at his electric blue eyes. I felt like I'm hypnotized. His eyes suddenly became cautious and then his smiles faded giving me a cold stern look.

"No!" he replied tartly with tight lipped.

"I like you!" I blurted out bluntly, with my straight face. I swigged my last content of my champagne.

He looked at me incredulously, like it was the ridiculous thing he'd ever heard.

"I don't date girls that's easy to get!" he responded tartly in sarcastic tone making me almost choke with his blatant response with contempt.