Chapter 27: Tracking her down

"A real man can't stand seeing his woman hurt. He's careful with his decisions and actions, so he never has to be responsible for her pain." - Unknown

(Unedited)
Lauren's POV

It's already 8 in the morning and my body was still sprawled in the middle of the huge comfortable bed. I was so exhausted yesterday. I went hiking with my new friends, Angela and Ainsley before they leave Bora Bora. And at night, I went out dinner with them. The couple was so jolly to be with. It was almost 1 in the morning when I got to my bungalow.

Today, they are both leaving to England, and I felt sad. For the past weeks I hang out with them, I come to adore them both. They never let me feel awkward or outcast. Sometimes, I felt guilty for ruining their supposedly honeymoon, but the two never made me feel that I was.

I quickly got out of the bed and went to take a quick shower. I hope I could catch them before they left. I knew they are leaving after lunch.

It didn't take me long to get dress after I showered. I was wearing a gorgeous floral print dress that's so perfect for the weather, with adjustable straps and exposed zip down back. And boning in the bust area, it stops just about an inch below the fullest part of my bust. Inside was a two piece black and white bathing suit, ready to explore the beautiful water again, after lunch.

I just hang loosely my still damped hair and just put on some powder onto my oily face because it was too hot even with my AC on, and take note, it was just 9 in the morning. But, when you're outside the bungalow, the fresh breeze swept over the hotness of the sun.

My skin had lightly darkened, and I love the colour of it. I never had this kind of tan colour before. Only the lining of the swimsuits that would tell my real skin colour.

I grinned. I've been here for two months. Two months and not one day I sulk, or even the thought came across to my head with the reason I was here. I totally forgotten everyone that I love, especially Zandros.

I knew Mario would be worried by now. But I don't want anyoneknow where I am, including him. It will only remind me of everything I left there, if one of them knew where I was.

I'm glad I've brought cash and it's almost gone. I had to either used my credit card or my visa checking account. And it's the last thing I wanna do. I even had to fly on local class, even though I had to endure the loud noises those kids making, with their mothers trying to stop them from whining.

Ok, Lauren it's time to enjoy another fun day!!

I bounced out of my bungalow door with my summer bag hoisted in my shoulder. The sun was already up and the sunlight was scorching when it hit my bare skin. Thank god, there's a fresh breeze that's wiping the harshness of the burning sunlight.

I put on my big glasses that fits my face perfectly and I walked down the plank to their bungalow, with my other hand clutching the strap of my beach bag.

They are a bit farther from mine. Bungalow 23.

----
Zandros' POV

"DAMNATION! Why you don't know where she is Mario? She's your friend!!!!" I grumbled furiously. I was so frustrated. I had to go to London and begged Ashley and dragged her down to New York to talk and persuade Mario to tell me where she is. Demetrio's friend cannot trace her since she never used any of her card that could help him trace through internet.

I'm getting so seriously worried sick each day. I can't seem to relax with the growing anxiety in my heart. I felt so restless and I can't think straight. My head was too clouded with all these horrific scenarios. The torture everyday of thinking that she maybe taken with those heartless bastard and raped her then killed her, then threw her body somewhere where no one knows...