Chapter 18: The mistakable Deception

"Jealousy is that pain which a man feels from the apprehension that he is not equally beloved by the person whom he entirely loves." ― Joseph Addison

(Unedited)
Lauren's POV

Mario dropped by and gave me my phone. The moment he walked into my place, I burst into tears. I felt like he's the only person left who truly cares for me, except Chrissy but she's not here.

"Shhh.. It's alright. I'm sorry, I can't protect you. He doesn't deserve you Lauren, not even your love!" Mario hushed as he uttered some comforting words. He was hugging me and rubbing my back in circles. We were on the couch.

After I talk to Ashley, I cleaned my face and change into comfortable sleeping clothes. Then I came back to the living room and was trying to drown myself with liquor but Mario came just as I had 3 shots of tequila. Reminds me of the time I saw him with Ashley in that party.

"How do you guys know each other by the way?" Mario asked out of curiosity.

"He was my best friend's brother, and our parent's was very close friends."

"I see. But he does really love you, you know?' Mario commented and he let me go, when I pulled myself off him.

"He doesn't! He doesn't even trust me. He called me slutty!" I chuckled bitterly and I bit my bottom lip. I was about to grab another shot of my tequila when Mario grab it away from me.

"That's enough. Drowning yourself with booze won't help you. It will only give you a massive headache tomorrow." Mario lectured and he stood up and took the opened tequila in the kitchen with the glass.

I tried to blink the tears back and stop it, but it kept pouring incessantly. His words still ringing in my head..

"I thought you have changed Lauren?" He still thought I'm still the slutty one, whom people labeled me... and he did too. The only people whom I thought who could understand me and trust me. The thought of him thinking that I am what he thinks of me, before, was painful than death.

I wipe my tears and decided to sleep. It's almost 3 in the morning and I had to go to work. With a heavy heart and head, I stood up and thinking to head upstairs to my room. Mario was walking back to my direction.

"Goodnight Mario. And don't go home. You can take the guest room where you usually sleep if your here." I suggest. It's already three and Isaac probably be sleeping right now.

"Ok. Don't go to work tomorrow Lauren. I'll handle it. You need to take a rest!" he stated casually as he shoved his hands in his pockets. He is looking at me apologetically.

Drat! He is really a change man! Love does miracle things..

"No. They need me there." I replied shaking my head, after.

"One day won't make any difference, Lauren. And I will be there!" he insisted with a tone of no argument.

I just nod my head in agreement and turned on my heel to my room upstairs. I was feeling dizzy already.

Not long, I reach my room and managed to brush my teeth before I completely lost my consciousness. I felt the softness of my bed, not bothering to reach the middle, I let the sleep engulf me.

----
Zandros' POV

"Are you ok?" Nicolas asked after he found me at the parking lot, with a girl in his shoulder. I didn't bother to asked him who she was because my head was still reeling with Lauren. I hurt her. I called her slut again. I wanted to smack my head after realizing what have I just done.