Chapter 17: When Pride Takes Over

"Love is not how much you say 'I Love You', but how much you can prove that's true!" - Anonymous

(Unedited)
Zandros' POV

As soon as Nicolas parked the car, I jumped out of his car, not bothering to wait for him. I walk briskly to the bar and into the entrance door. The bouncer recognized me and without a word he welcomed us with a nod. I smell the different liquor mixed with different kinds of perfumes. The whole place was crowded as usual and it's hard to see where she is. The place is a bit dim, not helping at all. Surely, it will take us longer time to spot her. I was looking around to see her and I'm getting frustrated.

"We have to move to the middle so we can see around. The place is a bit elevated and it's hard to see from here." Nicolas suggested and led me to the middle. We are not far from the entrance door. We are literally shoving every man blocking our way, to the middle. And at that moment, I care less about the guys throwing us deathly glare and swearing behind us. Before we reach the dance floor, a blonde lady stood in front of me. She was openly flirting with me.

"Zandros Mailov! Fancy to see you here handsome.. It's been a while!" she purred sensually, batting her fake long lashes. She sounds like she knew me well, but I can't remember where I met her. I'm hoping she's not one of those girls I bedded. It's been long years since I had last bedded a girl. And that's Kourtney. She suddenly hug me and I knew she intentionally rub her well endowed chest on my body. I felt disgusted and I wanted to yank her hands away of me but I don't want to offend her. I never hurt or offended any girl. Well, except those girls I bedded who expected so much even after I warned them I had nothing to give but my body.

"I have to meet someone Ma-..., sorry, what was your name?" I asked politely.

"Mara!" she smiled.

Ok. I almost got it.. "Yes, Mara.. My girlfriend is wai-" I didn't finish my word when I saw a glimpse of Lauren on her very sexy dress and she was dancing with someone?" my temper flared up, forgetting my manner. Shoving Mara to the side, I walked past her and to the dancing floor.

Dammit Lauren! She's dancing with Mario? And that asshole was grinding behind her!! All that rational thinking just evaporates into thin air, with only one thought clouding my head. Beat the guy till dead!!

At the moment, all I see was Mario touching and grinding behind my girl friend, that my head was clouded with jealousy and rage.

As soon as I got close to them, I yanked her away from him pulling her to my side and step in front of Mario and punch him in the face, real hard. He stumbles on his feet but got his balance swiftly and he swung his fist right on my face but my reflex reacted promptly before it landed on. Dodging it rapidly making him more furious. I wanted to break his face, but I felt Lauren's hands around my waist stopping me from attacking him. She tried to pull me away from Mario but I didn't budge. I was enraged that I was tempted to kill that son of a bitch.

I saw Mario was about to attacked me, when Ashley whom I just notice who was there too, holding Mario on his waist, stopping him from attacking me. I ignored Lauren's holding me away and tried to meet Mario's attack thinking to beat him out, but Lauren suddenly step in front of me looking so furious.

"STOP ZANDROS! YOU'RE MAKING A MISTAKE!!!" she was clenching her hands in anger. She's staring at me venomously. I can't believe she has the guts to feel angry, when in fact she went to the bar without letting me know!

I was staring at her in disbelief. Am I wrong? Is she really a changed woman? Or she's still living the life she grew up with?

I shot Mario one last deathly glare, then I turned on my heel and stormed out of the room. I didn't see Nicolas anywhere, so I thought he was already at the parking lot waiting for me.