ten

calum

it was the next day and i stayed home from school, just because i didn't want to face alex.

"new tweet from, '@michaelgclifford'!"

@michaelgclifford : fAceTiME Me i nEeD 2 asK a ?????

i sighed at the way he wrote the tweet.

i facetimed him and he answered right away.

"heyyyyyyyy," he said cheekily, "i have a really serious question for you."

"shoot."

"what happened to your mother?"

i widened my eyes and stopped breathing for a second. "um i-i-i." i took a deep breath.

"o-okay. so, i was around five when this happened. my mum, joy, she was happy, too happy for my fathers liking. she would always take me and my sister out and play with us and do so much amazing things with us."

"you have a sister?"

"yea, s-she moved when she was 18. going back to what i was saying, my father hated us, with a passion. i don't even know why. he started to like, hate my mother like, 'adult bullying' you can call it. he said he wish that he never married her, he didn't want her in his life, why she made such a shitty wife. she got depressed but she loved us so much, she pretended to be happy with us. one day," i paused, not ready to say it. a few tears rolled down my cheeks, about to have a break down.

right then and there i broke down.

"my sister and i came back from school. and everyday i always go up to my parents room and hug my mum hello and cuddle her because i loved her so fucking much you know? but when i went up to her that day, she was laying on the floor, dead." i squeaked out the word dead and completely started crying. "s-she left a note saying how sorry she was." i sobbed.

"calum, calum, calm down okay. breath. i should have never asked you that i'm sorry." michael said quietly.

"and now, ever since my sister moved out, he's been doing the same thing to me. trying to get rid of me." i sniffed.

"calum, who are you talking to?"

i stood frozen. "i- um.." i couldn't speak. i mouthed to michael to hang up and he did.

"i'm gonna ask you again, who the hell was that?" he asked louder.

"a-a friend."

"ha! like you can make friends."

i started to feel tears build up. "fucking hell calum. you need to learn how to bloody lie. why don't you go to your mother and learn from her."

"but she's dead."

"that's the point you dumbass!"

he slammed the door shut and cried. my laptop started making a ringing noise and i answered it quickly.

"hi- calum what did he say?" michael asked with a shaky voice.

"he said im a shit lier and i should learn from my mother. i told him that she's dead and he said that's the point."

"calum if your actually thinking of trying to do that, don't."

"well how am i supposed to control my fucking thoughts? i can't even control my own actions. i don't know who i am anymore! everything would be so much better with out me in it!" i screamed.

"what about me huh? when im feeling depressed or when i need someone to talk to, you wouldn't be there."

"you have luke."

"luke doesn't know about it. calum i need you, please don't attempt at it at all."

i slowly nodded, not sure if i could keep that promise.