sixteen

michael

65 pills.

that number kept repeating in my head. i couldn't get it out of my fucking head.

"stop." i slightly whisper hitting my head with the palm of my hand.

he almost was dead

"stop," i said, a bit louder than before.

he could be dead for all we know.

"stop!" i cried out. i grabbed a fistful of my hair a tugged at it, frustrated.

my back slid down on the waiting room wall and i hugged my knees to my chest.

luke walked back into the waiting room, and saw me start to cry.

"mikey, luke signed, "calum's gonna be fine okay." "you don't know that! for all we know he could be in a fucking coma!" i yelled, causing the mumbling in the waiting room to dye down and everyone looks at me.

luke pulls me into a bone crushing hig as i cry into his shoulder. "i just don't want to lose him. i was gonna ask him something but now i'm not even sure if i can anymore since he could be dead."

"michael, what was the question?"

"i wanted him to be my boyfriend."

-

it's been about 2 hours and we're still in the waiting room. mali came out an hour ago telling us that calum did die but she told us they revived him, but he was still unconscious.

a doctor walked out and looked around.
"is there a michael in here?"

i immediately shot up from my chair and walked up to the doctor. "do you know how calum is doing?" i said, worriedly.

the doctor smiled and said, "he just woke up 5 minutes ago, asking for a michael. i guess you're the michael he's asking for?" i nodded violently as he began to lead me to the room where calum's at.

when he stopped we were in front of a room and the number was 93. he slowly opened the door to find a pale kiwi boy staring into space. his head snapped over to were i was standing and his face lit up with tear stains on his chubby cheeks.

"mikey!"

"calum! thank god you're okay."

i leaned over and hugged calum so hard and he did the same.

"please don't scare me like that again. i nearly died thinking you could've died."

i heard the doctor mumble something and left the room.

"i'm sorry michael," i could feel tears on my shoulder, "it was the spur of the moment."

"what made you want to attempt?" i asked. he shook his head and pulled away from the hug. he moved over a bit and patted the extra space.

"you seriously think a 6'1 foot man would fit in that tiny little spot?" i chuckled. "shut up and get on."

i slowly climbed on trying not to hurt calum. once i was on i started to get nervous.

i wanted to ask him, but i'm scared shitless on what his response is gonna be.

"cal?"

"yea?"

"will you be my boyfriend?"

silence. a deadly silence.

calum looks at me in complete shock. "i mean you don't have t-" my lips were suddenly pressed to calum's. he pulled away and smiled.

"so is that a yes?"

"you idiot." he giggles and nods.