fifteen

calum

i woke up to a lot of movement and frustrating mumbling next to me. i slightly opened my eye and saw it was michael putting on his shirt, whispering.

when he turned around to look at me, i quickly closed my eye so he would think i was sleeping. he walked over to the bed and sat down next to me. he played with my hair and said something i never thought would come out of his mouth.

"i love you calum."

he pressed a small kiss on my forehead and got up. i tensed a bit, feeling the coldness and emptiness.

"mikey," i whined making grabby hands. he again walked over to me, sat down, and placed me on his lap. i placed my head in the crook of his neck and started shaking slightly.

"don't leave, i don't like the feeling of you leaving me." he looked at and moved my curly hair out of my eyes. "i promise you i'll be back in a few hours."  he quickly changed positions so he was standing with my legs wrapped around his waist.

"promise?"

"i promise."

his soft lips were placed on mine but i quickly pulled away. "why did you do that?" he pouted. i giggled and poked his pouty lips. "morning breath mikey."

"i don't give two shits about that, cally."

he leaned in once again but stopped when our noses where touching.

"do you love me?"

"i love you so much."

he full on pressed his soft, pink lips on mine. i felt his smile a bit when i placed my hands on his scruffy cheeks.

-

when michael left an hour ago to go to school, i was really bored. i wanted to go out, but i didn't want to get lost in the city. so i stayed in bed for awhile stalking michael's tweets and tweeting the picture's michael and i took. after i did that i went into the bathroom which was connected to the bedroom.

i looked at my hair and stated i need to get a hair cut, and make my blond streak more seeable. before i went to turn on the water, i earned a knock at the bedroom door.

"yes?" i yelled.

"i'm going out to buy things. do you want me to get you anything?" mali yells back to me.

"blond hair dye please!"

i heard a faint 'alright' before i went in the shower.

-

michael

luke and i were both walking toward my house since i had to go grab some stuff and i didn't want to go alone.

before we turned the street corner, my phone started ringing the 1975 since it was calum's favorite band.

"the 1975? really?"

"it's calum's signature ringtone shut the fuck up."

i accepted the call and made luke stop walking. "hey callyyy!" i said cheerfully.

"m-m-mikey," calum took deep breaths, "i-i'm sorry."

"calum what? why are you sorry? please don't tell me you tried. baby can you hear me?" i said, turning around the direction of mali's house, dragging luke along.

"yes, i can hear you." he choked out. "i'll be there soon okay. i love you."

"i love you too."

i hung up the phone and completely started running. "michael where are we going?" luke yelled.

"calum, he attempted."

-

when we made it to the house, we ran straight up the stairs, to the bedroom.

"calum where are you?" i heard a door click unlock and open slightly. i quickly opened the door to find a crying calum, on the floor, with bloody wrists. i bent down over to him and turned his arms over to see the deep, long cuts.

"why?" i said tearing up. he shook his head.

"i swallowed pills." he said quietly.

"no. how many and what kind?" i said, my breath quickening. i looked over to luke who was standing at the doorframe, in complete shock.

"random pills and a lot."

"can you estimate a number for me?"

"65."

"calum," i squeaked. i looked at his eyes and i saw him start to give up. his eyelids started dropping.

"calum no! stay strong for me baby don't close your eyes."

"mikey i'm really tired." he stated like he was about to sleep.

"luke call 911 fucking now." i yelled.

"don't close your eye calum, please. i'm here for you love." i felt tears rapidly running down my face.

"i-" he shut his eyes. he's unconscious. right when he shut his eyes, i heard the ambulance outside the house and a confused mali yelling, "why the hell are there ambulances-- please don't tell me calum attempted."